[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>thoroughly enjoys 80% of these Wow I'm such a poseur
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1468791410669.png (3 MB, 1588x1857) Image search: [Google]
1468791410669.png
3 MB, 1588x1857
>thoroughly enjoys 80% of these
Wow I'm such a poseur faggot! Look at me, /mu/! I enjoy shitty obscure pseudo-intellectual music!

Why don't you insecure fucktards count how many shits I give, shape that number out of a noose, and stick your head through it.
>>
are you upset anon
do you need to talk about it?
>>
>>66478851
nice bait

have a (You)
>>
old meme tho
>>
>>66478851
(You)
>>
>>66478851
pretty stale meme

sorry you werent there
>>
>>66478851
You're the one who's insecure here, btw. It's pathetic.
>>
>old
>stale
>April 2016
Yahuh
>>
Dear reader, we would like to take this opportunity to inform you on a regrettable subculture which has been forming on our beloved /mu/.

>WHAT IS THEIR NAME?

Poseurs.

>WHAT IS THEIR DEAL?

Poseurs are people who go out of their way to cultivate an image of being interesting, by and large through doing their best to cultivate a "sophisticated" music taste.
HOWEVER, as these people have no self-sufficiency of their own, or any knowledge or familiarity with music beyond the pop sphere presented on sites such as Pitchfork, the best they can do to cultivate that image is to go on RateYourMusic and sheepishly drone the top-rated albums of whatever niche genre they think will bring them the most "patrician" or "underground" or "sophisticated" credibility.

IF you were to question them on the merit an album they claim to be a favorite, they would not be able to provide any substantial opinion or judgment regarding it(only empty buzzwords which they regurgitate without ever giving any thought to what they mean or how they relate to that artist) as in reality they have none of the knowledge which would help them to properly evaluate it.
The vast majority of them don't know music theory or have any sort of education(whether through personal exploration or professional education) on music/art history and have no familiarity with the origins, backgrounds and histories of their "favorite" genres, albums and artists. Their education begins and ends with RYM pages and lists and /mu/ chart thread images.

More effort goes into building up the perfect "patrician" RYM profile and curve using the perfect combination of albums and ratings than into actually trying to understand and genuinely appreciate what they are hearing.

This utter dilettantism and ignorance, however, does not prevent them from nurturing severe superiority complexes which serve as fuel for regular mockery, ridicule and debasement of the rest of this fine board's residents.
>>
>>66479068
i support this but this is so old you fag
>>
>>66479068
>we
Seek help, anon.
>>
File: stupidity.jpg (333 KB, 1258x1100) Image search: [Google]
stupidity.jpg
333 KB, 1258x1100
>>66479068
>
>>66479043
some memes just don't make it
>>
>>66478851
What's so avant about Exuma and Strangers from the Universe?
>>
>>66479263
that's the bait, you make a chart called poseurcore and fill it with some RYM avant albums and sprinkle in a few accessible and entry-level albums to rile people up.
>>
>>66479610
So basically just grab a chart from some chart thread?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.