[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know it to be true.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: billy.jpg (245 KB, 873x838) Image search: [Google]
billy.jpg
245 KB, 873x838
Radiohead is experimental music for people that don't like experimental music.

Neutral Milk Hotel is just as good as Sufjan Stevens which is to say that they're both music for depressed manchildren.

The album Nilsson Schmilsson shows more ingenuity, talent and brilliance than every Beatles, Beach Boys, and Stones record put together.

LCD Soundsystem is easily the best pop group post 1990.
>>
>>66470300
And what's your favorite artist/band?
>>
>>66470321
Can
>>
>>66470372
Alright I can't say much bad about that

You should know though no Radiohead fan actually thinks they make experimental music
>>
having killer riffs is more important than weaving intricate compositions and pushing music in new directions.

Cause intricacy can sound terrible and some new directions aren't worth pushing music into. Killer riffs, however, are always good.
>>
>>66470419
True

I've never heard a bad killer riff
>>
killer riffs are sick
>>
>>66470419
false equivalence
>>
>>66470482
>>66470441
by definition
>>
>>66470410
>You should know though no Radiohead fan actually thinks they make experimental music
have you ever met one
>>
>>66470492
bruh were talking about music not alchemy
>>
>>66470492
between what and what?
>>
>>66470506
Yeah plenty

Even if you're talking just about /mu/ besides maybe TKOL no one considers their work experimental unless you're talking about experimental for mainstream music at the time (Kid A/Amnesiac)
>>
>>66470515
alchemy's about refining stuff to its purest form, not about complicating it, though.

If you're interested in applying alchemical principles to music you'll come to the conclusion that music should be straightforward and simple.
>>
>>66470300
Alright, so I'm listening to Nilsson Schilsson and Abbey Road alone is better.
>>
The best music is about taking simple ideas, making them complex, while still sounding simple on the surface

its all about deception
>>
>>66470300
autism
>>
>>66471863
Without You and Coconut one after the other is fucking incredible, m8.
>>
>>66472052
This anon is right. That tone change is key to the album.
>>
>>66470300
If liking Neutral Milk Hotel means I'm a depressed manchild, then give me a noose and some anime.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.