[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is the first jazz album i genuinely enjoyed. i've listened
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: herbie hancock headhunters.jpg (72 KB, 350x351) Image search: [Google]
herbie hancock headhunters.jpg
72 KB, 350x351
this is the first jazz album i genuinely enjoyed. i've listened to mingus, davis, coltrane, etc. and none have made me be glad to listen to jazz other than this (perhaps mostly due to my untrained ears)

any other recs for similar albums?
>>
>>66467674
Head Hunters is the album that got me into jazz. It's a combination of funk, jazz and rock and it's a great album overall.
>>
Wouldn't call that jazz really it's a fusion album but check out Herbie's albums Fat Albert Rotunda and Sextant
>>
>>66467674
op i have to give you a bad news: you don't like jazz. you probably like funk more.
>>
File: 116291328[1].jpg (70 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
116291328[1].jpg
70 KB, 1024x1024
>>
>>66467838
i mean i really liked funk before i was listening to jazz and i was trying to get into the genre. i do enjoy some jazz albums (les stances a sophie and bitches brew come to mind) though

>>66467808
thanks mate
>>
>>66467674
Thrust and Sextant by Herbie Hancock are similar in style (Thrust is an obvious attempt to repeat Headhunters' success). Weather Report is also pretty good, Mr. Gone, I Sing the Body Electric, S/t, Heavy Weather are some of their best.
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 500x444) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 500x444
Listen to Thrust which is sort of a sequel to Headhunters.

Also, the Headhunters spun off and did their own thing. Survival of the fittest is awesome.
>>
File: miles-davis-on-the-corner.jpg (45 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
miles-davis-on-the-corner.jpg
45 KB, 400x400
>>66467674
Have you listen to this? It's a total trip.
>>
>>66468524
Get the complete sessions for over 7 hours of mindfuckery.
>>
>>66468630

>complete sessions
>7 hours

not OP, but I need this. do you have a link by any chance?
>>
>>66468801
>>66468630

nevermind, it's on spotify. gonna wit until it's nighttime to listen. jazz is always better at night.
>>
>>66468801
Yes, Spotify has it, plus lots of other stuff you might be suprised to find.
>>
Literally no jazz albums have been posted ITT it's all fusion music
>>
>>66467674
Nice rockist jazz idiot
>>
File: funky jazz.jpg (2 MB, 1485x950) Image search: [Google]
funky jazz.jpg
2 MB, 1485x950
>>
>>66469042

holy shit thank you
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.