[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't /mu/ in love with the AOTY?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: homepage_large.fdb5f9d5.jpg (33 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.fdb5f9d5.jpg
33 KB, 320x320
Why isn't /mu/ in love with the AOTY?
>>
File: 5.png (145 KB, 1180x565) Image search: [Google]
5.png
145 KB, 1180x565
Because they trust Pitchfork for their opinion
>>
because it only had one good track
>>
>>66467545
I know, right? They should rather trust a clown who thinks that the only way to evaluate music is to namedrop as many barely-related composers as possible, and to fill the gaps with avantgardist clichés and platitudes.
>>
>>66467631
You haven't read my stuff I guess.
>>
>>
>>66467747
I've read that Ark Work review you link every time you discuss HHH (as if reading it was enough to shut down any conceivable criticism).
It has practically no substance.
It boils down to "this music is good because it uses composition techniques that are vaguely reminiscent of many classical composers' work." and "this music is good because the guy who made it is ambitious."

And you refuse to address the only thing that truly matters, not only to us, but also to HHH: does it sound good, does it make you feel emotions or evoke images and which ones are they?
>>
>>66467826
>It boils down to "this music is good because it uses composition techniques that are vaguely reminiscent of many classical composers' work." and "this music is good because the guy who made it is ambitious."
...those are pretty good reasons, especially compared to Pitchfork and other RYM reviewers who don't tackle the substance of the music itself.
>does it sound good,
What a worthless question, how old are you?
>>
>>66467826
>does it sound good, does it make you feel emotions or evoke images and which ones are they?

lmao, you must be like 14

truly great music is music that pushes boundaries compositionally and advances technique and requires massive skill to perform.

it's okay to listen to music for "MUH FEELS, MUH EMOTIONS" but when you get older you will realize that emotional responses don't have to only be invoked by lyrics/concepts, and also that many kinds of sounds can be beautiful.
>>
File: 1464226586244.png (265 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
1464226586244.png
265 KB, 334x393
>>66469027
>>
>>66467990
If you're trolling like >>66469027 you're putting way too much effort into it.

Someone might end up believing that you ACTUALLY think that composition skills can make up for sounding like shit.
>>
We are
>>
reply to this post and all trip code users will die in their sleep tonight
>>
>>66470651
pooof
>>
>>66467203
If an album is emotional it means that it connects with base emotions.

I'd prefer albums to make me feel nothing.
>>
>>66470692
What are albums that make you feel nothing?
>>
>>66467990
Go away boldfaure you pretentious git
>>
>>66470651
yes
>>
>>66470651
pls
>>
>>66470356
>2016
>still pretending to care about shitty hip hop
>>
Bezel II sucks ass, it can't be AOTY because of this track
>>
>>66467203
Eh, Tense Stage and Ontological Love were the only good tracks. Kind of excited to here more music from this project in the future because it has a pretty unique sound
>>
>>66471828
i see no shitty hip hop in this thread
>>
The HHH album was unlistenable. Sorry for preferring music that values quality over whatever avant-garde compositional
style the musician claimed to be using. And I say "claimed" because I am 99% sure that this guy was just fucking around with his computer and that's the best he could come up with.

>>66470651
idk but if that makes boldfaure die then why not
>>
T H E
G
A
T
E
S
>>
>>66473237
I tried to replicate that unique sound.
Did I do good?

https://clyp.it/3vz5yhla
>>
>>66475235
No way.

It needs more HEYYYs and EUUUUUUUUGNNNNNNNNNNNN THE GATES
>ONTOLOGICAL LOVE
>>
>>66475283
I don't have the excellent microphone HHH uses so my EEEUUUUAGHAEUUUEHHHHH have a nasty sound, sorry.
>>
hahaha no way it was so bad
>>
>>66470651
beautiful
>>
File: 1459895055358.png (55 KB, 209x221) Image search: [Google]
1459895055358.png
55 KB, 209x221
>>66475235
>4/4 time signature the entire way through
>>
>>66470356
this album is so lame
>>
>>66475943
The melodic sections don't follow the rhythmic sections, stop thinking solely in terms of beat you plebeian
>>
>>66475968
are you actually trying to defend that aural dogshit? pls stop
>>
THE GATES
HE GATEST
E GATESTH
GATESTHE
GATESTHE
ATESTHE G
TESTHE GA
ESTHE GAT
STHE GATE
THE GATES
>>
I already want more

I hope he revisits this project often, given how long the spaces are between Liturgy albums
>>
it fucking sucks senpai
>>
>>66467747
do you have the link?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.