[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people hate run for your life so much? It's a pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: run 2.jpg (104 KB, 721x721) Image search: [Google]
run 2.jpg
104 KB, 721x721
Why do people hate run for your life so much?

It's a pretty good song desu. Do people just hate it for the lyrics? since so many beatles song are about girls and love the lyrics on this were refreshing imo
>>
"I'd rather see you dead, little girl, than to be with another man." The line was taken from an early Elvis Presley song, "Baby, Let's Play House" (written by Arthur Gunter). Lennon designated this song as his "least favourite Beatles song" in a 1973 interview and later said it was the song he most regretted writing.[3] He also stated that the song was one of George Harrison's favourite songs on Rubber Soul at that time, despite Lennon's dislike of it.[4]
>>
its better than Michelle and Wait
>>
>>66461725
>its better than Michelle
thats one of the best tracks though
>>
>>66461554
>line taken from Elvis
So what? Elvis stole his music from black people. I don't see the problem
>>
>>66461725
Michelle is one of the best songs on the album you fag.

Waits better than Run For Your Life too
>>
>>66461725
Pleb
>>
>>66461725
>better than Michelle

it's a decent song but fuck off
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 632x467) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 632x467
>implying there's a track on Rubber Soul worse than In My Life
>>
>>66462382
in my life isn't an exciting listen on its own but it's one of the tracks that most shows they were beginning to move away from simple love songs

my vote for worst track goes to what goes on, it sounds dated
>>
>>66462382
Literally the greatest track on the album
>>
>>66462482
yeah what goes on is definitely the weakest
>>
shes so

HEAAAAAAAVYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
They always seemed like pedos to me
>>
>>66465016
"yeah, take that Beatle cock you little bastud"
>>
>>66461441
This is not only one of the best tracks on the album but one of my favorite Beatles' songs by far. They were trying so hard at that point to break away from their cuddly mop top iage and this song is dark as fuck. Sure people will point out the reference to Elvis' Let's Play House (And they were all Elvis fans at that point so why should they pay tribute?) but they were getting sick and tired of being portrayed as "Nice boys" that you could bring home to mom and dad. They wanted to show the world that they were as dangerous as their "rivals" The Rolling Stones.

>>66464282
>>66463774
My copy doesn't have What Goes On. (I'm an American BTW)
>>
>>66461725
>being this wrong
>>
It's an okay song but it always reminds me of John Lennon beating his wife
It's like if they had a pretty decent song about abandoning children, mocking the disabled, humiliating groupies, or something like that. Just a weird vibe.
>>
1. In My Life
2. Michelle
3. Norwegian Wood
4. If I Needed Someone
5. Girl
6. I'm Looking Through You
7. Nowhere Man
8. Think for Yourself
9. The Word
10. You Won't See Me
11. Drive My Car
12. Wait
13. Run for Your Life
14. What Goes On

I've listened to Rubber Soul more times than any other album in my life (at least 40 completely through), and this is pretty much my final opinion, most of the songs could probably go up or down one
>>
>>66461725
Wait is one of the best written pop songs they ever did, it does so much in a short amount of time, geniuses in their prime, the momentum changes, everything
>>
>>66466923
>but they were getting sick and tired of being portrayed as "Nice boys" that you could bring home to mom and dad. They wanted to show the world that they were as dangerous as their "rivals" The Rolling Stones.

I really doubt they cared about that shit. They were playing harder than The Rolling Stones years before The Rolling Stones were even a band. They didn't have anything to prove to anyone, especially Lennon. He just probably thought it'd be funny to have a violent song on an otherwise subdued record.
>>
>>66461441
The Word is one of the shitties Beatles songs and definitely the worst on Rubber Soul.
>>
>>66468072
>at least 40
Pffft
>>
>>66470328
dat bassline tho, it's so fun
>>
i don't get what's the big deal about rubber soul. it's one of their worst albums. michelle is the only saving grace about this album. norwegian wood is just a fucking boring song and that fucking car song is dumb as hell. girl sounds like lennon wanted to have his own version of michelle, but failed because he'll never be as talented as mccartney. in my life is alright.
>>
>>66470455
>in my life is alright.
i wont stand for this
>>
>>66468072
not bad actually. i like im looking through you more, i'd but it up higher. and i think norwegian wood is better than michelle. other than that good
>>
>>66470455
in my life is way better than michelle
>>
I like What Goes On

Ringo's voice is a breath of fresh air in the album
>>
>>66470638
this
Same for Don't Pass Me By on the White Album
>>
>>66470483
i'll admit, i was being a little too harsh there. in my life is probably 2nd or 3rd best on the album. it's just everything else on this mess of an album just ruins the experience. i typically listen to albums from start to finish, so i hate slogging through the 12 or so shit songs to get to in my life.
>>
>>66470690
norwegian wood is melodically supreme and sonically an entire other world. how is it boring. how are your opinions so bad, I'm seriously asking.
>>
>>66470706
yeah such a shitty opinion desu
>>
>>66470706
it's a boring song and it's lauded by every fruitcake out there. there was even a book with the same title written by murakami, all because one of the depressed asshole characters in the book liked the song. the book was alright. i even went back to the song after reading the book to see if i "missed" something about it. still boring. this song just doesn't have anything noteworthy in it.
>>
>>66470977
imagine thinking this
>>
>>66470977
you have absolutely shit taste if you think that song is boring desu

using the word boring as a criticism should be a bannable offense
>>
>>66471051
using desu should be a bannable offense
>>
>>66461811
your a dorable
>>
>>66470977
"boring" is not a valid criticism for a song. Well at least not when you try to say it in any kind of an objective way. It's an absolutely beautiful song featuring Lennon show true heartfelt affection at a time following when he was just cynically churning out songs with the word "love" in them. Melodically its fucking perfect and has every single member of the band contributing something valuable to the song, even George Martin.

God I fucking hate how this board uses "boring", as if music can't have some emotional value beyond beyond just being able to engage your attention. It's the most shallow fucking criticism used by people who think they're critiquing shallowness.
>>
girl is a great sond and maybe my favouritefrom rubber soul, but it shouldn't be so close to michelle on the track listing, they're too similar

especially for those of us who skip What Goes On
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.