[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the bloodborne of /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: bloodborne_ps4.0_cinema_960.0.jpg (148 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne_ps4.0_cinema_960.0.jpg
148 KB, 960x540
What is the bloodborne of /mu/?
>>
File: IMG_20160716_220124.jpg (316 KB, 1080x1625) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160716_220124.jpg
316 KB, 1080x1625
Swans - Filth
>>
>>66460275

what is bloodborne supposed to be in the video game world?
>>
>>66460446
It's like a loose Lovecraft type of setting. Very dark aliens and shit are there.
>>
>>66460275

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1A31DONVOk
>>
>>66460446
dark souls with guns
>>
The stooges.
>>
>>66460518
Eh not really feeling this one senpai.
>>
>>66460275
i wanna play that game badly :/

butim 2poor
>>
Current 93 - I Have a Special Plan for This World, perhaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHYNfitGBp4&ab_channel=SilentChelsea
>>
>>66460446
Probably the best game n the last 10 years, with a relatively short fanbase and strongly hated by the whole Pc community.
>>
Actually, if you're more about the "lovecraft" than the "van helsing," death grips might do it for you. It's aggressive, it's weird and cryptic sometimes, etc. I'd say NLDW thru NoTM might be sort of congruent
>>
>>66461170
you're a faggot

I think we're looking more for music that sounds like this
>>
>>66460275
is /v/core a thing?
>>
>>66461155
Is this bait?
>>
>>66461967
not him, but I thought bloodborne was pretty cool
that being said, I don't play a lot of video games
>>
File: 1466664414282.jpg (292 KB, 896x1199) Image search: [Google]
1466664414282.jpg
292 KB, 896x1199
>>66461726
>sounds like this
>it's just a picture
>>
>>66461726
what, it is supposed to sound like one thing but also another thing simultaneously all at once while not being audible at all

face it, asking for music which sounds like lovecraft is dumb as fuck
>>
>>66461155
It is pretty great. It's not as good as Dark Souls though, which is my pick for greatest game of all time.
>>
>>66462008
Yes, in my opinion any adaptation of Lovecraft which includes constant unambiguous representations of the terrors he wrote about is dumb.

Lovecraft wrote about the unknown. That was the whole point. His work was a reaction to the growing notion that we live on an apathetic planet, in an uncaring void of space. We don't understand this situation in any significant way and that is what his work was playing on. He wrote about architecture which was simultaneously concave and convex, colours which looked like every colour at once and no colour at all, monsters which could not be described. If there is one notable reoccurrence in Lovecraft's work it's his love of past-tense retellings as a narrative basis, and that is because it allowed him to keep the obscurity shrouding his horrors - he could leave all ambiguity of descriptions up to the inability of the human memory to recall or describe what had been seen. Literally never in his writing will you read "this is exactly what the thing looked or sounded like", and that's because it completely defeats the purpose.

Even the constant depiction of Cthulu as gargantuan squid man is just the product of lame fanboyisms which do no justice to the writing.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.