[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ignore this album for years >listen to it only a week
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Soundtracks for the blind.jpg (11 KB, 340x302) Image search: [Google]
Soundtracks for the blind.jpg
11 KB, 340x302
>ignore this album for years
>listen to it only a week ago
>it's god fucking tier
why didn't I listen
>>
>>66446294
It is my favorite album by far. What is your favorite song from it anon?
>>
I like Volcano
>>
>>66446352
I've yet to decide, because only 4 listens so far
I really really like the noise shapes. Fuck even the opening is great.

damn Im gonna listen to it again right now. every single voice sample is great.

what's your favourite? how do you usually listen to it? 2 hours straight?
>>
>>66446434
Not him but I always find myself listening to Animus and The Final Sacrifice when I'm in the mood for either of them.
I usually try to listen to it all at once when I do, except for the two songs I stated.
>>
I wish I could go back to the first I heard the album, holy shit it was mind boggling to me then. I was obsessed with it.

At first your just like "this is just nonsense", and ten helpless child starts and you want to cry.
>>
>>66446434
I feel that every song is best enjoyed when preceded by the rest of the album, so I usually listen to the entire thing. I sometimes listen to animus alone, but I try not to do it too often in fear of dulling the way it affects me.

>>66446476
Animus is my personal favorite, it feels like you are dying on a battle field after conquering your enemies, thinking of someone you love, but will never see again. Obviously not what the song is about, but it still makes me feel this way.
>>
because gira is a convicted rapist
>>
>>66446527
This
>>
Im a huge swans fan and i put this off for a while after i listened to all the other albums since i heard Soundtrack For The Blind is their best album. But it was only okay for me. I loved helpless child and the sound but the rest was only okay.
>>
>>66446552
>convicted
This meme is getting worse.
>>
i listened to it but i had a distraction and didn't really feel it was anything special
>>
File: 1330581939043.jpg (39 KB, 400x442) Image search: [Google]
1330581939043.jpg
39 KB, 400x442
I'm what they call ... erm ... legally blind
>>
>>66447101
You kinda need to sit down and let your imagination go wild with the sounds. I'm not saying you need to listen to it all in one go, as I personally did disc 1 and then disc 2, but set some time to do it.
>>
>>66446539
>I feel that every song is best enjoyed when preceded by the rest of the album,
This. Lift Yr. Skinny Fists also has this issue for me, where the first 3 songs can be mostly listened to on their own, but the final track pretty much needs you to listen to all 3 in order for it to have the impact it's supposed to.
>>
What is the album about? I honestly don't think you can glean anything from it without resorting to bullshit.
>>
>>66447518
it's just random unreleased works for before the split up
>>
>>66447518
>>66447682

I've always been interested in different sounds like that and listened to Brian Eno and different kinds of music that use non-musical sources often, and as I made this record I had a lot of that material: those loops and things I'd made from '81; I had vocal loops that Jarboe had made in 1985 on a little sixteen second digital delay unit which was actually the first sampler... we had these tape narrations we'd been collecting, that she got from her father's desk when he was an FBI agent – surveillance tapes; I interviewed my father because I'm interested in his life, and took a little snippet of his experiences... then we had new things we'd recorded with our 'band' from the last tour; and some stuff we did for a soundtrack for a film. I threw all those into the computer and assembled it that way. So, in some things, there's something from 1981 playing simultaneously with something from '85 playing simultaneously with something from 1996. It's cross-faded and blended and mixed so to speak in the computer, cut-up and sometimes looped and reversed.[1]

I wouldn't say random
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.