[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In 2285, the northeastern region of the United States has turned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160716_080714.jpg (121 KB, 864x959) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160716_080714.jpg
121 KB, 864x959
In 2285, the northeastern region of the United States has turned into a dystopia ruled by the oppressive Great Northern Empire of the Americas. The only resemblance to entertainment that exists is the electronic noise of the Noise Machines (NOMACs). The empire is ruled by Emperor Nafaryus, Empress Arabelle, Crown Prince Daryus, and Princess Faythe. In a distant village called Ravenskill, a man named Gabriel possesses the natural ability to make music and sing ("The Gift of Music").
>>
>>66445314
>Emperor Nafaryus
>they actually thought this was clever
>>
>>66445314
They peaked with Scenes From a Memory. Their last good album was Octavarium, and imo I only like about half of that album.

I&W, Awake, ACOS, and SFAM will forever be top tier though
>>
>>66447277
I like the Count of Tuscany...
>>
>>66447627
Let me introduce my brother
A bearded gentleman, historian
Sucking on his pipe, distinguished accent
Making me uptight, no accident

10/10
>>
>>66447702
Even their best lyrics are pretty bad.
Hell, they could be an instrumental band and wouldn't lose much. Labrie's vocals are absolutely abominable now.
>>
>>66447722
Yeah, it's such a shame what his voice is now. He truly was THE voice for the band, but he just can't do it anymore.

I feel like Portnoy was right. They do need to take some time off. When Portnoy left they were all so focused on showing that they didn't need him, and ADTOE is honestly a pretty decent album, but right after that it feels like they fell back into the same slump they were in with Systematic Chaos and BC&SL
>>
>noise isn't music

>jacks off Dream Theater
>>
>>66448858
whom are you quoting?
>>
>>66447891
>LaBrie does an Ayreon album
>Dream Theater immediately stops making good music

Coincidence?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3YdzMy593Y
Is this a joke?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.