[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you sort your music library? The problem with this system
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: vqjMgxO.png (23 KB, 615x405) Image search: [Google]
vqjMgxO.png
23 KB, 615x405
How do you sort your music library?

The problem with this system is that it fails if an artist through several genres during his/her career.
>>
File: Capture.png (73 KB, 1410x866) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
73 KB, 1410x866
>>66443167
>>
Folder for artist and subfolders for artist.
You use tags for the genres.
>>
>>66443167
/Music/%artist%/%year% - %album%/%artist% - %year% - %album% - %discnumber$num(%tracknumber%,2) - %trackname%
>>
I just put em all in the music folder and view em alphabetically, and then if there are a bunch of albums that were from the same label or blog or something like that, I put them in a folder with a "#" before it so they're all together. It's messy, but doing it by genre doesn't make sense to me, especially cause I prefer music that isn't attached to the idea of playing in a genre.
>>
>>66443167
>How do you sort your music library?
by gender and race of the artist

if it's a band then i'll go with what the majority it's made up of.
>>
>>66443288
what if it's one black and one white
>>
chronologically

i got way to much stuff (sson 1tb i guess?) to start sorting now.
>>
It's literally this easy
>>
>>66443312
then i won't listen to them.
>>
>>66443167
I sort genre/sub-genre/artist/year - album (kpbs)

When I used to be super autistic if an artist spanned more than one genre (e.g. Brian Eno) I would put an artist folder for him in each respective genre, place the albums of that genre in that music folder and put a shortcut link to his other folders in other genres.

Now I dont give a fuck and I realize that having the genre sort is still infinitely useful even if some artists I have to memorize which folder theyre in since they span a couple diff ones. I can always search if idk where they are anyways.
>>
>>66443248
Anyone knows if it's possible to browse by tags in ncmpcpp?
>>
>>66443430
good

no interracial mixing in my music
>>
>>66443167
music/[artist]/[album]
>>
dump everything into one folder
let foobar do the magic
and dont stress about it
>>
Music / Artist / Album
Tags for dates, genres, and other info.
>>
>>66443263
What's the command for this?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (87 KB, 1366x660) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
87 KB, 1366x660
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.