[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk about this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 4PM5ouHl.jpg (16 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
4PM5ouHl.jpg
16 KB, 640x640
Can we talk about this album?
>>
>>66435384
Powerful album; I usually cry like a bitch when I sit through it.
>>
>>66435384
His last marketing genius.
>>
>>66435413
Hey Scaruffi
>>
Memewie lives!!!!!
>>
>>66435384
I mean we can, but everything that has been said about Blackstar has already been said. It's about as quintessential as a modern album gets upon release
>>
got old fast
>>
File: 1436484618106.jpg (20 KB, 418x546) Image search: [Google]
1436484618106.jpg
20 KB, 418x546
>>66435384
Op here, idk if it says when you're phone posting. I've just started getting into David Bowie because my parents didn't listen to him for whatever reason and I only knew a couple of his hits which I liked. After forgetting he existed until looking for the song Heroes on YouTube, I found the music video for Black Star I became a huge fan. Minus a couple personal opinion knit picks that song is basically perfect. After getting the full album I've gotta say it's pretty amazing. I'm dealing with a lot of shit right now in my life and this album came in at the perfect time.
>>
>>66435519
Even though I regrettably admit that I've been coming to this site since 2007 this is actually my very first post on /mu/ and my first couple days actually on it. So I missed any and all discussion about it I'm just really excited about how good it is.
>>
>>66435570
There's a lot of people who think its the best of 2016, and RYM even says that too. I think it was good, but it wasn't really like Bowie in Ziggy Stardust, just different I guess. Didn't expect that.
>>
>>66435384
Where the fuck did monday go?
>>
>>66435677
For a musician who is famous for changing his style, you really thought he would sound the same after 44 years?
>>
>>66435570
That's cool dude, well there are hella threads about BlackStar and his death in the archive if you go back to January.

But for what it's worth, I love Blackstar. Top 3 Bowie album imo, and one of my top 2 of the year so far. I love how the record almost feels uncomfortable through the first few track but by "I Can't Give Everything Away", it's such a relieving, tension-breaking feeling. Truly beautiful
>>
Huge Bowie fan for almost 10 years now. Discovered him in high school. I think Blackstar is objectively in his top 10, and arguably in his top 3. It's what an actual masterpiece looks like. It sort of makes Kid A look like a bitch considering Kid A is Thom pretending to be suicidal and going on to greater career success afterwards, whereas blackstar is about as honest and bleak a statement you can make.
>>
File: 1231321333645.jpg (26 KB, 535x466) Image search: [Google]
1231321333645.jpg
26 KB, 535x466
Fantastic album, it was my true introduction to David Bowie, and I regret nothing.
>>
>>66436065
*Memewie
>>
>>66435677
He hasn't sounded like ziggy since the late 70's dude.
>>
File: heroes.jpg (6 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
heroes.jpg
6 KB, 226x223
Is this the best album of all time?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.