[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you think of ScHoolboy Q's new album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: cover.jpg (41 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
41 KB, 500x500
What did you think of ScHoolboy Q's new album?
>>
>>66433490
too much filler desu
>>
I shot your child so what you know ramona park
>>
>>66433510
this, still better than oxymoron though
>>
>>66433490
It bumps quite a bit, i don't think there are any weak songs, but not to many great ones beside Black thoughts, blank face, and big body.
>>
File: ir.jpg (42 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
ir.jpg
42 KB, 500x368
It's lit! This is so fire.
>>
8.5/10

Ride Out will turn anyone into a negro immediately
>>
It's decent, the singles are the best part. It's better than his previous one.
>>
>>66433490
That tyler produced song was so out of place
>>
>>66433876
Which one did tyler produce?
>>
8.7/10 fuck off if you say this has too much filler, only 1 song is filler
>>
has good songs and a lot of shit will never be kendrick level
>>
>>66433978
big body
>>
It was surprisingly great, and its better (in my opinion) than Oxymoron. Its my second favorite rap AOTY, really fun album

>>66433510
What songs were "filler"?

>>66433876
I felt it goes real with the feel of the album, if anything was out of place its Overtime.
>>
Looking at it in the abstract, it's a good album. He achieved what it sounded like he was trying too on Oxymoron without sounding all over the place and more consistent in quality.

Looking at it in the context of his career though, it's feels stale. There's no experimentation, no real growth or progression aside from the few moments where he touched on police brutality and the senselessness of gang violence, which was refreshing to hear from him. I'm already almost over this album because even with the production quality, it just feels like he's stuck in his comfort zone. Guess you could say that for a lot of artists lately, shit's getting boring now.
>>
>7-8/10

wouldve been much better without a few track.

Just drop tHat part - or at least replace it with the TDE remix, kanye is just was too bad

Big body is a decent song but it really just doesnt fit in with the rest of the tracklist. plus the beat legit sounds like something a 14 year old cooked up on fruityloops - and i usually like tylers production.

And just fuck off with overtime - schoolboy didnt even want it
>>
>>66434981
>is just was
>>
Opening track fucking kills it. So badass. Sounds like he turns into pepe at one point.
>muthafuckin' reeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>66434731
yeah overtime ruined it
shoulda placed it near Whatever U Want
Blank Face to Tookie Knows wouldve been perfect
>>
File: TuZxGhj.jpg (57 KB, 638x640) Image search: [Google]
TuZxGhj.jpg
57 KB, 638x640
Schoolboy really killed it with this one, best project he's ever released. Been bumping Tookie Knows II since the video came out.
>>
>>66434981
>>66435035
The funny thing about Overtime is that it's a good song on it's own, it just didn't suit the album at all.
>>
>>66435035
Look at my block!!! I love that part
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.