[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
finding non-mainstream tabs/chords
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 1080x1277) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 1080x1277
I can't manage to find chords and tabs for most music I wanna play. I'm not talented enough to find out how to play it myself. Where do I turn? Are there any good resources?
>>
talking about the g-tarr btw
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 624x624) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 624x624
>>66431897
>>66432164
Bumpin' cause I'm wondering the same thing
>>
File: meme.jpg (36 KB, 500x441) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
36 KB, 500x441
>>66432748
nice rare mick
have a rare keith
>>
>>66431897
Go to niche boards

Prog Rock tab --> Progarchives forum
>>
>>66431897
whos the qt?
>>
>>66433263
It's by this artist
http://kuvshinov-ilya.tumblr.com
>>66433238
this is a good idea. I'm currently looking for stereolabs perversion, can't say I know any forum that cares for that type of music... the "indie-rock" places tend to be way to plebby. the song is somewhat of a deepcut as well
>>
At one point you just gotta figure it out by ear my man. It also I feel at least helped me because when I first started playing guitar I was into way more mainstream stuff and now that I am actually decent my tastes went along with it.
>>
>>66433536
While I agree with the sentiment I'm way to bad at guitar. It's not until recently I've even started to learn the names of chords, and why they are what they are. One of the main reasons I try to learn new songs is to teach myself new cool chords and how they're used. I think I'd be able to figure out a song if it was only one key, and I knew which. But most songs I wanna learn use a bunch of chords that I don't even know how they relate to keys. I have thought myself songs trough watching live performances intensely and repetitively, but I can't imagine that's very useful.
>>
>>66433678
learn a little music theory dude, it's worth your time and you'll be more productive when you learn new songs.

I recommend Berklee's books on Jazz Harmony, since most rock is just derived from jazz. also you'll get a deep understanding of chords and voicings.

gl hf
>>
>>66433748
Thanks anon!
I've concluded the same thing as I've been trying to write my own material. Will def' check out those books
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.