[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the fuck is this shit ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: soundtracksfortheblind.jpg (53 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
soundtracksfortheblind.jpg
53 KB, 600x600
the fuck is this shit ?
>>
beauty incarnate
>>
>>66422310
looks like the album art for Swans - Soundtracks for the Blind
>>
an elder god tier album
>>
>>66422310
just some entry level experimental post-rock which anyone with the slightest interest in music can enjoy
>>
>>66422375
Here (((You))) go, bud.
>>
>>66422562
you're not superior to anyone for listening to swans
>>
>>66422638
you're not superior to anyone for not listening to swans
>>
>>66422310
Everyone knows that you are fucked up.
>>
>>66422677
I do listen to swans
>>
>>66422638
you shouldn't project ulterior motives onto people you don't know, it's very intellectually dishonest.
>>
>>66422375
That's some nice b8. I thought it was real for a second.
>>
>>66422375
I love Swans and I still can't get into this album, I don't know why this is the one that everyone recommends

>inb4 pleb
>>
>>66422853
>>66422883
Maybe I was exaggerating a little, but it's hardly as inaccessible as most people make it out to be. I can understand why people might not like it though as it's very different from other Swans albums and you need 2 and a half hours of patience to sit through it.
>>
i'm pretty sure it's the sonic manifestation of the inherent darkness of the human psyche
>>
>>66423013
I think it's very inaccessible. The album moves incredibly slow, all of the songs are jarring, it's a complete mix bag of genres, and goes off on random tangents. The songs are long, repetitive, and exhausting to listen to.

>2 and a half hours of patience to sit through it
It's so fucking long too, not everyone has the patience or time to listen to an album that is challenging and exhausting to listen to.

I'm not saying that I have these problems, it's my favourite album of all time. But it is probably their most inaccessible work.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.