[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best way to get my hands on the Beatles CDs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Rubber Soul.jpg (158 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Rubber Soul.jpg
158 KB, 600x600
What's the best way to get my hands on the Beatles CDs? 2009 stereo seems to be the best version, but individual albums sell for $8/each. Would I be better off trying to buy a stereo box set off someone? I don't really care about anything other than the albums themselves.
>>
Get mono or everything that was originally mono, stereo for everything that was originally stereo. The stereo mix of Revolver is awful, legit one of the worst mixes on a major release I've heard. Everything before The White Album was originally mono, everything after (and including) The White Album was originally in stereo.
>>
Don't buy the older CD mixes. The stereo panning on Rubber Soul and Revolver is inexcusably awkward.
>>
>>66410994
This is fixed on the 2009 ones I'm assuming?
>>
>>66410992
Weren't the mono CDs limited edition?
>>
>>66410895
They're all on Spotify senpai, the remasters.
>>
File: oyvey.jpg (19 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
oyvey.jpg
19 KB, 220x220
>>66411056
>Spotify
>>
>>66410994
lets put ALL the rhythm section in the left channel and ALL the lead instruments in the right channel and center pan the vocals!
>>
>>66411095
Spotify is literally the cheapest legal way to listen to music.
>>
>>66411120
Mono sounds off in headphones. Sounds fine on speakers but on a good set of headphones the effect of everything being in the center of your head just feels... off somehow. Maybe just because I grew up with the stereo versions.
>>
>>66411202
K

Don't say we didn't warn you when you listen to Revolver and realize the mix is pure shit
>>
>>66411038
Lol nope
I don't get why they didn't tbqh. Plenty of other bands from then have put out new stereo mixes of old albums that had shit stereo mixes/weren't originally released in stereo, like most of the 60s beach boys albums.

I personally grew up with the stereo Beatles so I'm used to it by now and don't really mind, but if they made new stereo mixes I'd buy them instantly.
>>
My personal rule of thumb is to try and get the mono mixes for any album released 1967 and back, unless the stereo mix is a more recent one, because the old stereo mixes are such crap with the ridiculous panning.
>>
>>66411120
On revolver it's
>let's put ALL the instrumentals in the left channel and backing vocals and fucking tambourine on the right

Taxman's remix is abysmal.
>>
don't waste your money on the stereo
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.