[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did they mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 750x733) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 750x733
Wtf happened to pitchfork? I used to love then and now they give second rate Gucci Mane ripoffs a best new music
>>
wtf i hate pitchfork now
>>
>>66405635
they're paid, but still generally a good indicator of what is worth giving a listen
>>
File: T4Qf1sb.png (84 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
T4Qf1sb.png
84 KB, 480x480
why does Pitchfork give an obligatory 5 points to every single fucking rap album?

Do they really only like rap and post rock?

It's embarrassing this site even exists.
>>
>>66405635
How about you stop going on pitchfork
>>
>>66405673
They'd be called racist if they ignored mainstream rap
Never mind that they only review hyper-mainstream rappers and never venture into the underground, which contradicts everything they used to stand for
>>
>>66405635
>gave Sleep Cycle (AOTY imo) a 7.6
>give every generic rap album under the sun a BNM
>>
File: 1462205371612.jpg (57 KB, 521x798) Image search: [Google]
1462205371612.jpg
57 KB, 521x798
>>66405635
>album where every song sounds exactly the same got a higher rating than Blank Face LP
>>
Except of course Rodeo, one of the most experimental and interesting trap albums ever made gets a 6.0, a fucking 6.0, because Travis apparently sounds like other people. These are the same retards that gave Kodak Black and Kevin Gates high scores because those rappers totally aren't derivative.
>>
File: 1412982120402.png (181 KB, 474x548) Image search: [Google]
1412982120402.png
181 KB, 474x548
Somehow white guilt has infiltrated the music reviewing industry.
>>
File: based fantano.jpg (102 KB, 668x949) Image search: [Google]
based fantano.jpg
102 KB, 668x949
>>66406105
>>
>>66405635
>Gates
>A Gucci Mane ripoff
Improve your shitposting skills. If serious, yeah I definitely agree that Islah doesn't deserve that rating mainly because Gates has released much better stuff and he's made more mainstream in this album, but still no Gucci Mane ripoff you end up sounding just as ignorant as P4K.
>>
Theyve literally been doing this since mid 2000s, but you can't remember because you were fucking 3 years old
>>
>>66406067
>Kodak Black
He's such shit. when I hear him, it makes me think of all the things I hate about rap.
>>
>>66406215
They are both southern trap rappers who rap about the same stuff and have a similar sound and aesthetic
>>
>a bunch of 20 something privileged white trust fund kids (i know some aren't technically white but they're white on the inside)

+

>no knowledge of music theory and music history

+

>no exposure to albums and genres outside of a p4k approved bubble

+

>impetus to be socially progressive whilst staying profitable

=

>affirmative action approach to reviewing music

Wanting to bring attention to talented, lesser known musicians of color is not inherently a bad thing but that's not what pitchfork are doing despite operating under this guise. Sometime's I'm not even sure if they're aware that their taste in trap and other trendy genres is bad and/or outdated.

When they do get it right it's never because they genuinely believe the music is good, rather because the music is trendy and so 1. it has to be good or 2. regardless of the quality, a positive review to a buzzing artist will translate to an increase in ad revenue
>>
Does anyone here have any actual opinions on the album? They definitely overrated it, but it wasn't the worst thing ever. It was certainly better than views if nothing else.
>>
>>66406182
Hi antnee can you make a cal only YouTube channel please
>>
>>66406304
Nah, Kevin Gates is like something between the typical southern trap rapper and someone like Drake. His whole shtick is to juxtapose the usual ghetto and drugs and stuff with a more emotional side which often deals with his mental health problems.
>>
>>66406182
he has a point, /pol/ is full of morons
>>
>>66405673
They gave lil yachty a 4 point something
>>
>>66406907
>tfw Lil Yachty is the only trap rapper I like
p4k is so full of shit
>>
File: jet-magazine-8.jpg (52 KB, 416x600) Image search: [Google]
jet-magazine-8.jpg
52 KB, 416x600
They're trying to be Rolling Stone + Source + Jet magazine

I would just disregard their scores entirely. Their scores are all purely political and based in affirmative action instead of objective musical analysis.
>>
>>66405635
6.5 at best
>>
>>66406182
Damn, he snapped
>>
>>66406182
I have more respect for him now. Dude made some good points.
>>
>>66406716
I'd have been happy with a 7.2 - 8.0, just not BNM though
>>
>>66407022
>just checked him out and listened to Minnesota

Yikes
>>
>>66406067
Pitchfork basically did the same thing with Rodeo that Fantano did with MBDTF, pick one thing they dont like and use that to justify a bad score while ignoring thr overwhelming amount of positives. However imo this should be circlejerked more than Fantano's MBDTF 6. To think that in any way Kodak Black is even approaching what Travis Scott did on Rodeo is a joke, and to not apply the same logic and say that Kodak sounds like Lil Wayne is retarded.
>>
>>66409122
Yeah I don't like him either

this however I think is a banger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-cesyyV7zg
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.