[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just listened to this and holy shit. Why is it never talked about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 220x220
Just listened to this and holy shit. Why is it never talked about on here? Thought it was top 5 AnCo related project atleast, and any other less known God tier AnCo?
>>
It's one of my favorites, yeah. Laughing Hieroglyphic is a 10/10 song.

>less known God tier AnCo
I'd say that's
-Wastered single
-Animal Crack Box
-ODDSAC
-Panda Bear debut album
-2002 Live show from Tonic, NY
-People EP

The Padington Band EP is also worth listening to, if only for the novelty of it.
>>
>>66403728
ODDSAC for sure, you don't have to watch the movie but you can if you want to.
The unreversed version of Pullhair Rubeye.
New Psycho Actives Vol. 1, which they released on their soundcloud last year, is better than Painting with
>>
>>66403785
>>66403790
Thanks guys will be checking these out, seeing as y'all are big AnCo fans i imagine y'all are beach boys fans too? and if so what are must listen to album of theirs other than smile and pet sounds
>>
>>66404151
I couldn't tell you, I don't really like the Beach Boys much. Love You is a cult hit among their fans though, along with Smiley Smile.
>>
>>66404151
Pretty much everything they released from 65 to 71 is good, particularly Sunflower, Surf's Up and Smiley Smile. Also, Love You.
>>
>>66404174
>>66404218
Wow love when this place isn't filled with dickheads thanks guys, y'all give me hope :'^)
>>
>>66404151
surf's up
wild honey
smiley smile is the best pop album ever
surfin' usa is surprisingly good
>>
>>66404288
all psych music threads are always usually pretty nice and shoegaze as well.
occasionally you'll get "DUDE WEED LMAO" guy but it's no big problem as long as you ignore them.
>>
>>66404288
same

Now that we got to the deal, what other electronic-oriented psych bands would y'all recommend? It desn't has to have that Animal Collective sound, just psych
>>
>>66405319
Black Dice
Gang Gang Dance
Black Moth Super Rainbow
Fuck Buttons
>>
>>66405173
It's not even just psych or shoegaze threads, I feel if you can get a discussion going about a specific topic or band it's usually good.

>>66405476
>>66405319
Seconding Gang Gang Dance, I love Eye Contact.
>>
>>66404174
>>66404218
Why Smiley Smile, though? I can't really tell what makes it better than the other versions...
>>
>>66405319
Lol might be plebby but neon Indian just sounds good anything similar to them?
>>
>>66406700
Smiley Smile is not really a different version of SMiLE, it's closer to being an entirely different album.
>>
>>66403728
love this album, a favourite of mine

also seconding the recs for oddsac and surf's up
>>
>>66403728
When it was released it had like five active threads at any given time. Probably my favorite thing from the whole Animal Collective crew.
>>
>>66403728
It's shit
Only the opener is good
>>
>>66408248
Youre shit, only your mother's opener is good
>>
>>66405476
Nice list, I'd add Eric Copeland's solo stuff to it. Hermaphrodite is really good.
>>
Panda Bear debut is a must listen in my opinion
>>
>>66403728
It came out right before MPP so it got eclipsed by it I guess...

Try Panda Bear's side project Jane the Berserker EP is really nice

>>66405319
Check Tobacco
>>
>>66403728
this album is too awesome for mu
10/10
check out pullhair rubeye and avey tare's slasher flick(they're not as good as down there)
>>
>>66408747
I love Slasher Flicks, I honestly think it has Avey's best pop rock songwriting since Feels on average.
>>
>>66408334
lol rekt trips gonna be faggots. good album

but does anyone have a link to surfs up in 320?
>>
>>66408592
your talking about his self titled right? i haven't listened to it but iv'e listened to person pitch and tomboy and they're not bad, but apart from comfy in nautica, take pills, and bros are tolerable the rest of his songs are boring and all of them sound like the desiigner version of the beach boys
>>
>>66410367
what is left to be said
>>
>>66403785
i love Paddington Band so much, sometimes i wish they had continued with that sound a little bit longer
>>
>>66410484
Need surfs up :)
>>
File: Cover.jpg (122 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
122 KB, 500x500
>>66411867
just wait for the archive to come back up
>>
>>66412485
https://youtu.be/YmCFF3wdF6I
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.