[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the most boring album I've listened to. Complete
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: The_colour_in_anything_blake.jpg (19 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
The_colour_in_anything_blake.jpg
19 KB, 316x316
This is the most boring album I've listened to. Complete shit.
Why do Pitchfork, Fantano, and /mu/ reward mediocrity? Why do people praise an album so boring and uninteresting?
>>
It's fantastic.
Maybe you found it boring because of it's length.
>>
>>66403062
It's boring because the music is boring and James Blake has the most one-dimensional voice I've ever heard. Nigga sings like a fag
>>
>>66403091
this is some next level critique. why don't you start your own review series?
>>
>>66403125
James Blake: The Color in Anything
It's shit
D-
>>
A large chunk of /mu/ dislikes this album. Some even only enjoy his initial EPs.
>>
>>66403044
Fantano gave it a 5/10 though
>>
>>66403623
not low enough
>>
Listen to it again
>>
>>66403696
Why? Will it become less boring if I listen to it more?
>>
>>66403044
So just to recap, Pitchfork loved it, Fantano gave it a lukewarm review and /mu/ had a pretty divided opinion on it from what I've seen. You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>66403744
No but hopefully you'll kill yourself you fucking pleb
>>
>>66403777
nice trips whitey
>>
Really tired, uninspired hipster garbage that tries too hard to be artsy. The cover combined with the album title already made me cringe. Hearing his monotonous and underwhelming singing performance I've concluded it is a self-important piece of garbage.
>>
nigga you the one listening to James Blake. Literally out of ALL the albums this year, you chose this one to complain about.
>>
>>66404145
an astute & profound conclusion I must say dear sir.
allow me to say that it shows you have a bright future ahead of you in the art of music criticism
>>
I don't think Blake knows how music works, sometimes. There's a few instances on TCIA that sound completely off-key and out of place, the blaring sounds towards the end of Points being the worst offender.
>>
>>66404222
>hipster gets assmad about being called out on his shitty taste
hi >>66403125
>>
>>66404247
No, that's intentional. It's experimental.
>>
File: 1460154991826.png (44 KB, 388x235) Image search: [Google]
1460154991826.png
44 KB, 388x235
>>66404290
If it is, it's not very convincing.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.