[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>when you want to listen to a full Swans record but you have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Soundtracks for the blind.jpg (11 KB, 340x302) Image search: [Google]
Soundtracks for the blind.jpg
11 KB, 340x302
>when you want to listen to a full Swans record but you have to go out
>>
>when it's night and you have to listen to Swans at a controlled volume
>>
File: Soundtracks For the Blind.png (367 KB, 1194x561) Image search: [Google]
Soundtracks For the Blind.png
367 KB, 1194x561
>When you want a physical copy of Soundtracks for the Blind
>>
>>66399107
jesus what the fuck
>>
I love the SWANS, but this album fell a little short for me. The "music" does not serve as an adequate backdrop for the vocals. It's as if they grabbed a microphone and just recorded what they said with an available track of noise. I'd recommend you skip this one in favor of "Great Annihilator".
>>
>>66399107
It'll be reissued soon
>>
>>66399107
You can buy it off discogs I think, or keep in trying eBay I got a signed copy for like $30. It was the first issue too
>>
>>66399250
Is this pasta
>>
File: michael swift.jpg (16 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
michael swift.jpg
16 KB, 300x400
>>66399250
>the SWANS
>>
I am a little stunned remembering the lyrical reviews that prompted me to buy this!
It is incredible drivel! Noisy, incoherent, self-indulgent incredible drivel. It might have some value for scaring raccoons and other vermin out of one's attic, but I have a vermin-free attic, so this racket is of no use to me.
I hope the people who made it at least did so with a cynical reliance on the power of hype and human folly, which sells an awful lot of stuff these days. If they took themselves seriously, somehow, that makes it worse.
>>
tl a fantasted Velvet Wound" sounds baroque, or like some soFair gloomyground Attraction outtake, blended eventually with drones. "The Sound" goes oainly a lot of Girn for over 13 minutes, ma illed With ore the eventual denouement. "Her Mouthire alarm Is FHoney" is loops ofgue samples. "Blood Section" shuffles on oversha strang like somezy droning Swans e, droning so sort of craunds, and a f, with also some dialonty, sounding a bit like something from The Great Anntor. Itn the horrific space sounds and noise drones! It's a son also has proper drums. Cool!rl" wave twiddling, like Japanese noise artistLove Yo, and thihilaeg of textures and wild sy zoomic build-up to some cool Swans-ish clamor, befally. "Rrt of ing in, erraticgroans, and thenis a piece of insane h "Hypogionky tonk singing from Typhoid Mary. Wow! "Minus Something" is low-key droning with more sampled dialogue. "Empathy" ish stran moody, slow and gloomy, there are some dramatic bangs, but when Gira sings it's very atmospheric. "I u This Much" crackles and pops witge audio
>>
>>66399442
this, it's the 20th anniversary, I'd be surprised if it didn't get a reissue around the end of the year
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.