[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deftones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 240x192) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 240x192
Are the deftones the best Metal band of the last 20 years?

The whole album of Around The Fur, Root and even the song pink maggit means they have to at least be in the top 5.

Pink Maggit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8wjOpxaNUo

Root - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgIb0ItyeiA

Dai The Flu - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxhuOk3b07I

Around The Fur - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv0rV0N3SrY

Prove me wrong
>>
I think they're definitely one of the most consistent modern bands. They don't have a bad album, a few are great.

You'll get a lot of detractors on here saying that they're a nu metal band, which isn't wrong, but it's not a respectable criticism.
>>
yep they're fantastic.

Also, check out S.C.I.E.N.C.E by Incubus
>>
>>66399983
That and Around the Fur are the best nu metal albums IMO.
>>
>>66398436
Tool did it better but I like deftones so whatever.
>>
File: gojimeme.png (2 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
gojimeme.png
2 MB, 1000x1000
>>66398436
fuck off
>>
>>66402110
Tool sound nothing like Deftones.
>>
White pony is my favorite album of all time. Every deftones album offered something new to me.
>>
It's not really fair to consider them nu metal. Adrenalin was the closet to it, but it still had a lot of Hum/Smashing Pumpkins influence. And as time went on, they incorporated more dream pop and hardcore punk elements into their music. They're far deeper and more eclectic than 99% of metal bands today.
>>
That would be voivod or coroner or gorguts
>>
>>66398436
Why would they be the best of the last 20 years? There are so many other bands who have done better since them.
>>
>>66402151
They both have a fusion of progressive and alternative rock/metal as a defining characteristic of their sounds.
>>
Diamond eyes is one of the best albums ever made
>>
>>66398436
I love Deftones. But Gore was a huge disappointment for me. Diamond Eyes is the only one from this decade that really impressed me.
>>
>>66402241
i think you're forgetting how long its been since the 90's.
>>
I don't get this Deftones are good meme
Their songs are so samey
>>
>>66402980
their peak has long passed. but in the beginning they were definitely on to something. I don't remember a lot of bands that carried the kind of attitude of that time quite as well with their music. The lyrics could be pretty cringey sometimes i'll admit.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.