[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stop trying to put a fucking numerical rating on art you fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 680x680
Stop trying to put a fucking numerical rating on art you fucking stupid fucks you are ruining music who fucking cares what some shit head critic rates an album

It's all fucking stupid

Giving an album a fucking rating implies there is a fuckig objectife standard and benchmark by which the rating makes sense. It doesn't because there is no fucking objective standard!!!!

Stop fucking giving ratings to albums now!!!! If you're going to critique an album just say how it makes you feel the reasons you liked it and the reasons you didn't leave the fucking score out of it, it is meaningless and it misleads people. People judge albums by the fucking scores now. Oh some fucking critics who are all sheep and follow each other rated this album 5/5 it must be good!!! Art shouldn't be treated like this. Imagine giving the Mona Lisa or the Sistine chapel a rating out of 10? It sounds fucking stupid and really degrades the art form

U fucks are ruining music with this bullshit. It's been going on for way too long now. I am sick of it

REEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: reeeeeeee.png (1 MB, 1587x1600) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeee.png
1 MB, 1587x1600
tl;dr 2/10 post
>>
>>66398269
I kind of agree.

When music feels good to listen to, it's not one dimensional. It's kind of like looking at a pleasing colour; not just good or bad, but light or dark, saturated or washed out, and a certain hue.
>>
>>66398306
Exactly dude!!
>>
I'm p sure any non autist could see that number ratings are just a quick concise way of expressing subjective opinions and not trying to impose objectivity
>>
Fully agreed
>>
>>66398269

It's true. It is very misleading. I know that if I'm getting into an artist and I see all their albums with a numbered review then it throws off my perception of them.
>>
>>66398269
Sounds like you more have a problem with people mistaking ratings as being meaningful criticism. One can use it to summarize their impression of a work while still critiquing and discussing the positives and negatives of something. The problem isn't with the idea of rating things, it's with lazy or musically illiterate people who are unwilling or unable to express their thoughts about a piece.
>>
>>66398269
i give that a light 6
>>
>>66398269

I listen to a few new albums a day. I don't have a great memory so I need some way to track them all, which ones I enjoyed and want to return to, which ones I'd rather not bother with again, and rating them is the easiest and best way to do this.
>>
>>66398269
/mu/ now is Fantano fanbase central, almost every dumbfuck here apparently thinks that albums numerical rating is more important than music itself.
>>
>>66398504
>/mu/ now is Fantano fanbase central

My dude do you even post-irony
>>
>>66398504
>mu turns into fantano + kpop idol circlejerk
>v unironically circlejerks pewdiepie, h3h3&gamegrumps
>b is still sucking up to boxxy
yfw everything is turning into teen magazine level celebrity gossip about what youtubers said last night
>>
>>66398269
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.