[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where to start with Modest Mouse?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: mm.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
mm.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
Where to start with Modest Mouse?
>>
File: 3e8af528.jpg (92 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
3e8af528.jpg
92 KB, 600x600
here
>>
the Moon and Antarctica. if you like the more indie pop songs, progress chronologically. if you like the more aggressive songs and the jamming go backwards. make sure to check out their eps and the compilation Building Nothing Out of Something, a lot of their best songs are on them.

>>66382217
no
>>
>>663822177
Start with
Listen to the knockout LCW tracks (Heart Cooks Brain, Doin the Cockroach, Polar Opposites, Trailer Trash, Cowboy Dan, and Bankrupt on Selling) Then listen to the rest of the album. Then you pretty much just expand from the LPs and EPs made around LCW.
>>
>>66382217
>Where to start with reading books?
>War and Peace
>>
Lonesome Crowded West or Moon and Antarctica
>>
>>66382177
don't
>>
>>66382915
Please don't listen to the 'knockout tracks', the entire album is great and very thematic.
>>
start in this order, from top to bottom

Interstate 8
Long Drive
Lonesome Crowded
Moon & Antarctica
Building Nothing

then you are free to listen to whatever you want.in any order
>>
>>66382967
I'm just saying, Teeth Like God's Shoeshine can be a bit off putting with the first few minutes.
>>
>>66382997
wrong, it's a good song
>>
>>66382997
It's the best song on the album.though
And if you're gonna get into Modest Mouse you should get used to le lisp man screaming at you sooner rather than later.
>>
>>66382177
Did you know Isaac Brock is a rapist? So listening to Modest Mouse makes you a rape enabler.
>>
>>66383043
no it's not
>>
>>66383058
It is, and it's a perfect intro to the style of LCW.
>>
>>66383085
Heart Cooks Brain is the best song on LCW
>>
>>66383162
Not even top 5 desu senpai
>>
>>66383184
no u
>>
File: 5415.jpg (428 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
5415.jpg
428 KB, 750x750
Start with this one
>>
>>66383271
literally not even top 3 BTS

stop this meme
>>
>>66383055
>O: Can we talk about the rape accusation in 1999?

>IB: It's an allegation that was withdrawn, and of course that didn't get any press. It was complete and utter bullshit, and the whole situation was so complicated that it's hard for me to go into lots of detail. At the time, I figured I'd just shut up and give this young lady enough rope to hang herself, you know? It fucked up my life once, and I'd prefer to just let it go.
>>
Lonesome Crowded West
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.