[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think about this album? Interesting backstory
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: disintegrationloops.jpg (253 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
disintegrationloops.jpg
253 KB, 1200x1200
What do you guys think about this album? Interesting backstory aside, does it live up to the acclaim to you?
>>
Honestly I'd like it more if it didn't have the backstory.

My first listen to it without hearing the backstory I just appreciated it for what it is, a pretty decent ambient album.
I never understood why it was so popular after I listened to it, I mean its good but in 2010 it was like one of the only three ambient albums anyone posted. After I heard the backstory repeat listens to it was kind of fucked by the dead 9/11 shaped horse hanging over it.
The weird thing is this is one of those albums that actually holds up quite well without the stupid backstory
>>
>chrisott.avi
>>
Yes. The disintegration process makes it so that hour long listens of the loops stays nice. But as the person before me said, I'd rather have it without the whole 9/11 touch... Which is impossible unfortunately.

Fav track: d|p 3
>>
>>66379291
this
>>
>>66379119
Yes. Nailed it. Why couldn't this just be an ambient album with a relaxing/gorgeous concept to it? Instead, everytime I listen to it, I'm forced to be reminded that he made this during the worst tragedy of modern times. And he makes money off of it still.

Fuck you, Basinski. Praise Chris Ott.
>>
>>66380367
How closely is it really tied to 9/11? Is the whole thing just the video and the timing? I don't see why it's so noteworthy really.
>>
Mostly just the video and the timing, yeah...but he chose to make the theme of it (making the video of the smoke from the towers billowing away, making the album art work the same thing) 9/11.

The loops as a collection are in the 9/11 Memorial Museum too or something like that, furthermore pushing it onto the listeners that 9/11 is the album's primary theme.
>>
>>66380469
Ehh, I see. Weird that pitchfork gave it a 10, but I guess it's hard to understand the acclaim without a memory of 9/11 to back it up.
>>
>>66379119
No
Some pretentious kike made a shitty ambient album that would have been forgotten in a week and used a 9/11 backstory to get people to listen to it
>>
>>66379119
very special to me anon
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.