[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /mu/ feel about Joyo pedals? Worth putting the, admittedly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: jf-37_2_1024x1024.png (171 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
jf-37_2_1024x1024.png
171 KB, 600x600
How does /mu/ feel about Joyo pedals? Worth putting the, admittedly small, bux into them? Or are they just shit, not even worth the small amount of money?
>>
they are good, but the patrician option is to pay 10x the amount for an identical circuit
>>
bretty good
>>
>>66374048
This
>>
They're great. I don't understand why people fall for the meme that you need to spend 200+ dollars for some boutique overdrive when you can get the same exact circuit for a fraction of the price.

Electro-Harmonix is doing this too. Their OD-Glove sounds exactly like a Fulltone OCD, and it's literally half the price. Or you have their East River Drive, which sounds just as great as a TS808 and costs way less.
>>
>>66374893
Does the OD-Glove have the picking response that the OCD does?
The reason I ask is because I recently played an OCD and was highly impressed. Not only with the sound, but how it responded to how hard I hit the strings with the pick.
I have a JOYO Vintage OD and it sounds great but doesn't give me that organic response I want.
>>
>>66373864
Never heard of them. How much are they? Are they supposed to be shit?

I've personally never cared too much about what manufacturer made a pedal or whatever, so long as it just gets the job done.
>>
>>66373864
Their American Sound and AC Tone pedals are fucking fantastic. The American Sound especially - very "warm" and responsive. I know it's based on the "Fender" sound but I've used it to drive a few different amps (my Vox AC30 and AC10 in particular) and I'm always amazed by the sounds you can pull from that pedal.

I'm looking at stuff outside of their overdrives at the moment so if anyone's used their chorus and phasers before, a quick review would be cool.
>>
>>66375617

I would say it does. There's a good demo up on youtube that compares the two. I actually like the OD Glove a bit more, I find the OCD scoops the mids out just a bit, the OD Glove corrects that and stays more transparent.

It's amazing really, Electro Harmonix is just pumping all these cheap, USA made overdrive pedals that sound just as good as all the popular and expensive boutique pedals. People are loving them, and I've definitely caught the bug too. I actually just picked up a Soul Food from them. Literally sounds just like a Klon for 60 bucks.
>>
>>66373864
they're surprisingly good
>>
>>66375896
Wish they'd rip themselves off and make a cheaper Holy Grail.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.