[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a joke?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: download (16).jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (16).jpg
7 KB, 225x225
I've obviously seen this album mentioned hundreds of times on here, so decided to check it out...do people on here genuinely like this album, or is it a running joke? It's dreadful. Am I missing something?
>>
It's just a meme, making fun of teenage girls who worship those faggots like the second coming of Jesus
>>
>>66371071
Meme
>>
You don't get them it's too deep for you plebs :^)
>>
>>66371071

MEMEMEMEMEMEMMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME
>>
it has some decent hooks and they play with a good handful of styles but that's all it has going for it
>>
>>66371071
try listening to it again, it's admittedly one of the more challenging /mu/core albums, but it's definitely worth it once it clicks
>>
>>66371071
Are you fucking serious. Its a meme you faggot. How could you not realize it. You should re-evaluate your life. Let me explain it to you. its a MEME. You should get off your computer and consider suicide.
>>
>>66371193
You seem nice, shall we go for a pint?
>>
>>66371071
This album is the ultimate pleb filter. If you are unable to like this album, you probably are not experienced enough with music theory and appreciation or just inherently pleb
>>
>>66371193
>it's a meme you dip
>>
>>66371161
this
it took me like 10 listens before i could appreciate it
>>
>>66371071
One of the only mainstream pop albums with a message. Insecure teenagers on this board have convinced themselves that it's a meme because they don't understand what's so refreshing about TOP's music yet they think bastardizations of folk music by mediocre musicians like sufjan Stevens and fleet foxes are great.

They're so deluded they'll convince themselves that my post is "bait" so that they can brush it off and sleep better at night because of the bubble they live in.
>>
>>66371193
It's a meme in the sense it will be relevant for a couple of months then will die off. Sadly this has long lived it's expiry date
>>
It's sadly not a meme, but /mu/ is mostly teenagers so it makes sense.
>>
They're deep af tho, lad. /They mix rap with emo and punk and pop, and the lyrics are basically poetry but like more heartfelt. Josh Dunn is my daddy
>>
>>66373814
This
>>66373862
Lol what do you listen to?
>>
>>66373814
>sufjan stevens and fleet foxes
>'bastard' folk
you're probably thinking of mumford and sons, if you think the multi-instrumentalist sufjan or the fleet fox harmonies show them to be 'mediocre musicians' I don't think you understand what discernable talent is.

what's its message then? saying it has A message doesn't make it a GOOD message, nor a good album, nor TOP good musicians. This post has to be bait, it uses too many nondescript buzzwords like 'refreshing' or 'message' to take seriously
>>
>I wish I found some better sounds no one's ever heard,
>I wish I had a better voice that sang some better words,
>I wish I found some chords in an order that is new,
>I wish I didn't have to rhyme every time I sang

Ah I think I've realised why this album is popular here. It's because they sing about being totally uninspired, derivative and bad musicians and that really resonates with the smell of failure enveloping this board.
>>
>>66372680
Underatted
>>
>>66373882
Clearly your a female or gay so your opinion is invalid, but look at Korn or limp bizkit mixing those 2 isn't kewl or hip shit is cringy as fuck like their fans
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 450x450
>>66372668
>not experienced with music theory
fucking kek
>>
File: WBwJ3.jpg (70 KB, 390x750) Image search: [Google]
WBwJ3.jpg
70 KB, 390x750
>>66371071
I like them. They are probably the only hip-hop i listen to.
Some of their songs sound like really really cool, and some lyrics are pretty okay too.
>>
It's a solid pop album that is catchy from start to finish that can be enjoyed by anyone unless you're a edgy cynical dickhead teenager like most of the fuckwits on this website.
>>
>>66373814
nearly every pop song ever made has some sort of a message, c'mon senpai
>>
>>66374076
>saying it has A message doesn't make it a GOOD message
we have a winner, this is why most pop music is terrible.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.