[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are mu's thought on this album? I wasn't planning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: mitski art.jpg (194 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
mitski art.jpg
194 KB, 620x620
What are mu's thought on this album? I wasn't planning on listening to it, but I played your best american girl on a whim and fell in love with it. The rest of the album is great as well. I'm surprised how much I liked it, given I haven't really been interested in indie rock for a couple years now.
>>
>>66368384

Why is her ass so fat?
>>
>>66368415
>he's only capable of seeing women as objects
>>
Love it. Can see her putting out a masterpiece in a few years.
>>
>>66368447
>thinks that complimenting a woman means you think she's an object and not a person
>>
I kinda felt like this was a watered down version of her last album.
>>
>>66368491
>it wasn't a compliment
>>
>>66368569
Yeah, I guess I should probably go listen to that one too?
>>
>>66368598
Definitely
>>
>>66368699
Just listened to it, it was also really good. Not sure which I like better t b h
>>
>>66368384
Didn't care for it, but would be willing to give it another try. I didn't get the hype of the last record one bit. A few songs on Bury Me were great but it left a lot to be desired imo
>>
just more rehashed 90s alternative.
>>
not groundbreaking at all but it's a fun little record that has some really catchy songs.
>>
>>66369639
a lot of it does feel that way... i wish she took it more in the direction of thursday girl and less in the direction of like, alanis morissette or whatever she's trying to do
>>
Bury Me At Makeout Creek was a better album imo but Happy, Best American Girl, and Crack Baby are stand out tracks on here
>>
Seen her live twice, she's great
>>
>>66369834
my nigga

saw her just last weekend, so good
i enjoyed bury me at makeout creek a lot more i think
>>
>>66370017
both times she played last words of a shooting star as her final song, and it's just so good.

The other guitar player is a mega cutie too
>>
>>66368447
go back to tumblr
>>
Make out creek is better
I think her debut is the best one though

7/10
Best track: My body's made of crushed little stars
>>
>>66369639
not exactly, there is some bits of it there, which isnt a bad thing, its certainly nicer to hear than another 80s inspired post punk or synth group all over again

but her songwriting style and sounds are really reminiscent of st. vincent and more modern indie rock flairs
>>
>>66370584
I honestly wasn't expecting to like it at all and I ended up loving it
>>
>>66370824
its a very very good record anon, there has been tons of those happening this year
>>
>>66368491
I don't know, but I like it.
>>
>>66370845
I agree. I have only listened to it twice but most of the songs are still memorable to me.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.