[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Boredoms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Was recommended this album. Usually I like to go through an artist's discography chronologically but it seems like these guys have a lot of poor albums that aren't worth listening to. Is there a good place to start from in their discography? Is starting from here fine?
>>
start from here, then go to Super AE
>>
>>66361870
super ae came first tho
>>
their early stuff is golden
>>
depends on what you like, they had a genre switch.
If you like vision creation newsun be sure to check out super ae, seadrum/house of sun, and the live album 77 boa drums
they have some "super roots" eps too but i'm not familiar with them. should be similar style though.

early albums are noisy avant garde stuff. lots of crazy shenanigans and Eye screaming like a madman, from what I understand. Haven't listened to much of that since im not into it
>>
>>66361885
the two albums have a completely different sound.
VCN is noise-rock, whereas Super AE is much more abrasive.

Trust me, start with VCN, unless noise is really your thing.
>>
>>66361934
they're similar enough compared to their other stuff
>>
Vision Creation Newsun -> Super AE -> Pop Tatari

It's reverse order of releare, but in order of abrasiveness. Listening to PT first can really turn you off the band. But yeah these are the three worth checking out first. Then tackle various parts of their discography if you're still interested.
>>
File: 1462074050369.jpg (61 KB, 293x468) Image search: [Google]
1462074050369.jpg
61 KB, 293x468
thanks for the replies guys. I think i'll start off with super ae because im not scared of a little noise, then vcn, and then ill probably check out the rest

have a deak meme as a token of my gratitude
>>
>>66361934
I really want to find more stuff that sounds similar to VCN. I love that mixture of psychedelic rock and sweeping guitars. Would that just be post-rock but with a breezy, psychedelic quality to it? I tried OOIOO but it didn't grab me the same way VCN and Super AE did.
>>
>>66362792
which OOIOO album did you hear? feather float is awesome and I like it a lot as a VCN fan. and if you like ambient check out yoshimi & yuka - flower with no color, it sounds very organic by using tons of electronic effects and samples.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.