[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>been on /mu/ for six years >never listened to /mu/core
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 645x773
>been on /mu/ for six years
>never listened to /mu/core like death grips, neutral milk hotel, and kanye because of their fanbases and memes
>finally listen to on avery island
>mfw

how could I be so wrong
>>
go listen to itaots right the fuck now
it improves upon avery island in every single way
>>
There's some good /mu/core but NMH is boring and Kanye is a pretty awful rapper.
>>
>>66355370
AND THE FIRST ONE DREW A PICTURE, OF A DEAD AND HANGING MAN
>>
>>66355394
>>66355409

Watch your tones, this is an oldfag you're speaking to.
>>
>>66355428
sorry desu.
but seriously, itaots is great.
>>
>>66355428
I bet you like metal faggot
>>
Been on /mu/ since MPP and I just decided to listen to it a few months ago. Kicking myself for turning down my friend's tickets to see them perform it
>>
I've been here for 3 and still haven't listened to ITAOTS for the same reasons.
>>
How do you not listen to NMH in all that time?
>>
Allowing a fanbase to ruin any media for you makes you a 2nd degree pleb
You should be fucking ashamed
>>
Is Kanye also worth listening to? Anyone have links
>>
>>66355523
Yeah
And fuck you he's one of the most popular rappers right now find the music yourself
>>
>>66355523
If you like hip hop then Kanye is amazing, if only to see how he's constantly shaped the mainstream rap scene since before his debut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOK2WZCZRCc
Listen to his stuff in chronological order
>>
>>66355523
some of kanye definitely is.
MBDTF
https://mega.nz/#!9BdGRabS!fesBOTkrtpbyvBSvC9KxPmpHSX8JY0yJoT6QPi317gA

Yeezus:
http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/4wKSVefj/file.html

want death grips as well? it's definitely worth your time.
>>
>>66355553
Even if you don't listen to that much hip-hop Kanye is more of an RnB/pop/hiphop artist
Not that the lines between the three have ever been definitive
>>
jfc you're supposed to use /mu/core when you first come here as a jumping off point to flesh out your taste not the reverse
>>
>>66355591
I started off as a patrician and slowly became pleb. My favorite albums when I got here were Desertshore and An Evening with Wild Man Fischer. Now I like AnCo.
>>
>>66355370
>how could I be so wrong
you're right, that's definitely an incredibly wrong choice

all these wonderful meme albums and you listen to fucking avery island wow you goddamn idiot
>>
I'm just waiting for OP to say he hasn't listened to Loveless because of this dumb logic
>>
>>66355650
No, I have, because my gf showed me them back when YMMR was first released
>>
>>66355370
Anyone who avoids these albums because of /mu/, pitchfork, or popularity is an idiot.
>>
I still remember when I was a freshman in high school and ITAOTS finally clicked
I had always enjoyed it but I was taking the train home one day and just started tearing up out of nowhere during Oh Comely

2nd best NMH song behind April 8th desu
>>
>>66355591
I hate most /mu/core. Most of it is shit, and you're really disabling would-be music lovers by getting them to train themselves to like that sort of shit
>>
>>66355706
I don't mean people should model their opinions off of them, it just seems that most people come to /mu/ wanting to get into music but not sure how to go about it and I think the albums that are generally considered /mu/core are a good way to figure out what you do and don't like + how to progress.
>>
a baby for pree :-)
>>
>>66355746
Yeah but someone just getting into music is going to want to like what the "cool" music lovers like, so they get into Death Grips, NMH, Animal Collective, etc unironically and don't branch off
Those bands were overhyped by Pitchfork and big indie labels to sell to entry-level hipsters. That's why we get tons of indie rock threads but never any real discussion (for example) on rap, soul, or punk rock.
>>
OP I did the same thing with Radiohead. I listened to OK Computer when it came out and had heard most of their previous stuff. I came here in '07 and everyone circlejerked the band to death so I never gave them another chance. I finally listened to Kid A last week and have been hating myself so hard. FFS I've met Thom Yorke.
>>
>>66355570
no thanks death grips are too shitty
>>
>>66355834
>That's why we get tons of indie rock threads but never any real discussion (for example) on rap, soul, or punk rock.
Soul and punk aren't really thriving or innovative genres any more, I think that's why there isn't a ton of discussion of them. Soul especially because most people here are white and because 4chan is kinda sorta often racist.
I'd hip hop threads pop up pretty often, but again when they get derailed it's usually by /pol/ related shitposting.
>>
>>66355854
Dude, In Rainbows will change your life

I've been casually listening to Radiohead since I was 12-13, but all I downloaded back then was The Bends, half of OK Computer and a few tracks from Hail to the Thief (and Creep but let's skip that part)

About three months ago I heard Nude in some amateur art film and asked the guy who made it what the music was, heard it was Radiohead. Practically all I've listened to since is In Rainbows, although the new album is really, really good too.

Reckoner, Weird Fishes, Nude and 15 Step are all time tracks
>>
>>66356111
I'll give it a go. I listened to the singles off AMSP and was kind of neutral on them, do they fit better in the context of the full album?
>>
>>66356150
Daydreaming yes
Burn the Witch no
not the guy you asked btw. Daydreaming is a top 3 song on the album, but even if you weren't too gone on it there's a decent amount of variety in the other tracks
>>
>>66355472
They suck live
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.