[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's the ATLP60? Or should I spring extra for the LP120?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 81DeKmdn7hL._SL1500_.jpg (125 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
81DeKmdn7hL._SL1500_.jpg
125 KB, 1500x1500
How's the ATLP60? Or should I spring extra for the LP120?
>>
LP60 doesn't have a counterweight. Go for the LP120 instead
>>
if you're just trying to figure out if the hobby is for you then it should be fine
>>
>>66350551
>>66350608
Just bought an LP120 myself, it's in the mail. Pretty excited, it will be my first record player. Where's a good place to buy records online, if there is any? And any beginner tips/blunders to avoid?
>>
>>66350754
discogs.com
>>
I've got a LP60. It's pretty good, but if you can afford it you should probably go for the 120.
>>
>>66350551
Is there any good alternative for poor fags?
>>
>>66350751
This, LP60 produces acceptable sound and functions fine (won't ruin your records) but it's not very upgradable and it's a pretty cheap plasticy thing. If you're just trying to get started it's a solid choice, after you get the hang of it you can hunt locally for a nice vintage rig, which will probably be built very well and cost less than the LP120
>>
>>66350551
NO COUNTER WEIGHT

IT'S BASICALLY A MORE EXPENSIVE CROSLEY

BUY THE LP120 OR BUY VINTAGE
>>
>>66350754
buy albums you actually enjoy, ignore the stupid fucking "LIMITIED EDITION MUST BUY NOW" shit that's everywhere. I have probably about 50 records that I only bought because my brain said "dude there's only 300 being pressed buy it now even if there are other albums you would would be more likely to listen to!"
>>
>>66351806
If the LP60 is too expensive for you then vinyl is not your hobby
>>66351815
Not quite, Crosleys use a ceramic cartridge without RIAA EQ and they put entirely too much weight on your records. The LP60 has a proper cartridge and is actually engineered to work correctly and track well. It doesn't have a counterweight because it's designed for that specific cartridge.
Obviously it's not an audiophile rig but it's not horrible
>>
>>66351806
check out the Stanton T.52

I use a Stanton T.62

ALSO:

1) ALWAYS CHECK CRAIGSLIST
2) ESPECIALLY CHECK CRAIGSLIST FOR RECEIVERS
3) BUY USED
4) BUY USED
5) BUY USED
6) SPEND MORE ON YOUR RECEIVER AND SPEAKERS THAN YOU SPEND ON YOUR TURNTABLE

--that is all
>>
>>66350551
you can get something better than the lp120 for $300

i would get a music hall mmf 2.2 or project carbon without the built in pre amp

the lp120 built in pre amp sucks
>>
>>66352164
There's a switch to turn it off though, and it adds a bit of flexibility in case you wind up in a situation where a phono jack isn't available.
Also the LP-120 has many more features and buttons than those turntables. They're not things everyone needs, granted, but it's worth noting
>>
I have an LP60, and if you don't intend on using vinyl as your primary outlet then it'll probably do you just fine. It's a nice, solid, and affordable record player but as someone else mentioned it's not upgradeable (even changing the cartridge is an ordeal). If you're looking to use it on a more regular basis, though, you might as well put in the minor investment and just get the 120.
>>
>>66351806
It kinda is the poorfag option desu. It's good quality and cheap. I bought my LP60 on ebay for like 100 CAD including shipping. If you can't afford a 100 dollar record player you can't afford to buy records. You're looking at probably 20 - 40 dollars per record, man.
>>
>>66350551
Literally get something old instead of a lp120, I got a technics 1210 mk2 two years ago for around the same kind of price.
>>
>>66352202
>There's a switch to turn it off though
it still diminishes the audio quality a ton (it flattens the signal by running it through capacitors). all the other feature are gimmicky crap op doesn't need anyways.
>>
LP60 is great for casual vinyl usage.
Listening to vinyl is more a special event than a regular thing for me, so it works great.
>>
>>66352252
Not gimmicky at all (minus the USB maybe), they're things DJs and turntablists legitimately need. Not necessary for listening though.
I don't believe that junk (I'd need some audio proof) and you're going to recommend barebones audiophile tables might as well throw in the U-Turn in there, it's much cheaper and is basically the same.
>>
>>66352283
>I don't believe that junk (I'd need some audio proof)
http://themultiformous.blogspot.com/2014/04/at-lp120-pre-amp-removal-mod-test.html
>>
>>66351838
Thanks for the reminder, I'm very much a >LIMITIED EDITION MUST BUY NOW
kind of guy, hard to remind myself sometimes that I don't need something.
>>
Audioengine 5a+ or klipsch R-15PM?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.