[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disappointing reunions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 568439.jpg (6 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
568439.jpg
6 KB, 250x241
>when your favourite band reunites after 20 years to release one album that's very uninspired and mediocre and nothing else

Carcass and MBV are probably the worst examples of this but I'm sure there's others
>>
Avalanches :^)
>>
MBV are releasing another album though.
>>
>>66327533
>Carcass
If anything it was a solid comeback album by the very definition of it.

>MBV
"Waaahhh, I'm so upset they didn't time-travel back to 1991 and spend over another quarter-million to make Loveless 2.0. Woe is me. :'( "
>>
>>66327604
Not in another 10 to 15 years from now we're not.
>>
>>66327648

>"Waaahhh, I'm so upset they didn't time-travel back to 1991 and spend over another quarter-million to make Loveless 2.0. Woe is me. :'( "

The album was mediocre and a disapointment. No need to be snarky.
>>
>>66327648
>Waaahhh, I'm so upset they didn't time-travel back to 1991 and spend over another quarter-million to make Loveless 2.0
Yes. Why didn't they? It's not like loveless would be that expensive to make these days.
>>
Soundgarden's reunion wan underwhelming
>>
don't look at me like that I'm not in the mood

I'm going down the club you better be more appreciating when I get back Pepe
>>
File: 1466755408517.jpg (204 KB, 608x603) Image search: [Google]
1466755408517.jpg
204 KB, 608x603
>>66327533

Japan > Rain Tree Crow

>JUST
>>
>>66327690
I found stuff to like in it when it came out but now that enough time has passed it's pretty disappointing. Worst album they've made for sure, only a couple high points like Taree and even that's not incredible.

Faith No More, on the other hand, fucking killed it with their comeback. Sol Invictus is like an 8 or 8.5 imo
>>
>>66327533
I like M B V, you're only underwhelmed because you expected something like loveless, which isn't possible in context. You can't have a genre defining album like that when the genre has been thoroughly fleshed out of the many years since loveless
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.