[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do the hip hop fags think? Is it up there with the original
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: cover600x600.jpg (79 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
cover600x600.jpg
79 KB, 600x600
What do the hip hop fags think? Is it up there with the original great albums of his?
I kinda dig Ten Toes Down and Let Me See Em Up.
>>
>>66322393
I thought it was underwhelming and Bush was better
>>
Its not too bad, but no where near up there with snoops older albums
>>
>>66322421
Agreed. Bush is ridiculously underrated. Such a smooth, comfy album with beautiful arrangements and groovy bass. I love that Snoop was able to realize rapping at his age wouldn't work out, and went full on neosoul for it.
>>
>>66322566
whats wrong with his rapping? both of his rap albums this year have been good if not the best this year. Without question the most underrated album this year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R02CZmkk-w0
>>
I don't get why some hip hop artists (and artists in general) make such long albums. I would just remove the weaker songs or ones that fit in the best.
>>
>>66322393
too long for me to enjoy properly. super crip is one of my favorite songs this year though
>>
>>66322703
literally had no idea this existed until now
>>
>>66322703
I already listened. His bars aren't shit but they're very clearly half-assed in comparison to releases from his prime like Doggystyle. Snoop's also just reached a point where he has lost ambition because he's already done so much, So a lot of that album ended up trite and stale. Of course this is all just my opinion, but the album could've benefitted from more attention.

Also let's be honest Snoop was never a very good rapper, technically speaking.
>>
>>66322862
It's worth a listen. I enjoyed the Dogg Pound nostalgia running through its veins, but Daz could've brought more passion. Take it for what it is though
>>
>>66322898
>Also let's be honest Snoop was never a very good rapper, technically speaking.

I agree, Im sure most people only know him for his weed persona. If not they just know him because of his association with dre or the his singles that went big. Hes always been an okay rapper to me, although hes a entry level rapper for people wanting to get into the genre.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.