[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just bought tickets for my first Swans concert. What can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 624x414) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 624x414
So I just bought tickets for my first Swans concert. What can I expect?
>>
>>66319470
to get raped
>>
Absolute garbage
>>
baits by /mu/tants
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zc4Bct5m3c

an hour of this and then 2 hours of knockoff branca riffs played incredibly loud over and over again
>>
>>66319470
Wear earplugs. Trust me.
I've heard it's like entering another world.
>>
Cleveland? I'll be there
>>
>>66319520
I've already come to terms that I have to sit through a whole set of some girl wanking around on her cello because she's """"""""experimental""""""""
>>
>>66319470
gay sex
>>
>>66319548
Yep
>>
>>66319470
You at Lincoln Hall Chicago?
>>
>>66319520
Is the fact that I don't know what is going on here part of the problem?
>>
I also don't know what to expect, i dont go to concerts that often.
>>
I ended up not going because I'm not a particularly huge swans fan and I regret it so much. My friend says it was one of the best shows she's ever been to. Hope they come around here one last time.
>>
>>66319548
Wanna meet up

I am gonna be wearing a Jesu hoodie
>>
Just came back from the show in Toronto, they're pretty fucking enjoyable live.
>>
Anybody going to the Minneapolis show?
>>
swans performing live
>>
>>66319520
this is better than swans
>>
Imp for bumpterest

Seeing them live in detroit on tuesday
>>
>>66320437
Yup
>>
I'm seeing them at St. Andrews Hall on Tuesday. The last time I was there was for Death Grips.
>>
>>66320316
still pissed that i couldn't go to that
did they play amnesia?
>>
Im heading to LA show
>>
Okay, this is very stupid question.

I'm going to see them with my dad this week, because the venue was 21+ and I could only get in with a legal guardian (I'm 18.)

I want to wear a Chelsea Wolfe shirt in order to maybe spark some conversation with people (maybe even with the band, became she opened for them a while back), but there's also something in me that wants to keep it classy and wear something more plain so that I can look "Well behaved." I dunno, I've wanted to see them for years and I don't want my experience to be ruined by people from the venue kicking me out or saying I shouldn't be there.

I'm blowing this shit out of proportion, right?
>>
A band that peaked before you were born.
>>
>>66320581

The band isn't going to be able to see your shirt in the crowd, nor will they stop the show to comment on it. People in the audience wont care what you're wearing.
>>
>>66320437
bullshit
>>
>>66320654
I know, it would be fucking stupid to assume that. I just mean it could be a helpful conversation starter should someone also be a fan of her before the show, and should I chat with Michael and co afterward. I also don't give a shit about what the audience thinks, I only care that the people that run the venue know that I'm allowed to be there.

Typing this out makes me realize how stupid of a thing this is, so I'm wearing the CW shirt.
>>
>>66320856
ill be there looking for u and im gonna beat the SHIT out of u.
>>
>>66320893
careful, his dads gonna be there
>>
>>66320893
o shit when u goin

i need to bulk up so that i can return the favor
>>
File: CRILfewWgAEVnP2.jpg (67 KB, 600x607) Image search: [Google]
CRILfewWgAEVnP2.jpg
67 KB, 600x607
just came back from the Toronto concert
Thor was missing, so there was a new different person behind a Korg keyboard - everyone else present and accounted for

the beginning is a series of waves of sound - long drone, rising, falling, repeat. very hypnotic.

I don't know the names of lots of their songs, but for sure they played Screen Shot

the usual advice applies: the stuff you hear at the concerts tends to be mostly material from their newer albums, and often stuff they're still working out that hasn't been recorded yet
I recommend bringing earplugs just in case the sound becomes a bit too loud

this has been the forth time I've gone to see them, and it's still a reliably powerful show
>>
>>66320401
Maybe. It's like a block from where I work, but I heard they're playing only stuff from after Soundtracks
>>
>>66321523

The only song pre-Father Will Guide Me.. is Amnesia according to what people online are saying.
>>
hell be fine
>>
>>66321565
Judging by that and the fact that >>66319520 is the opener, I'm still on the fence. It would be cool to say that I saw them live, but I've only been familiar with their older work
>>
>>66321565
And Amnesia will probably be unrecognizeable.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.