[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's wrong with this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Radiohead_-_Hail_to_the_Thief.jpg (121 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Radiohead_-_Hail_to_the_Thief.jpg
121 KB, 400x400
What's wrong with this album?
>>
nothing
>>
Gagging Order isn't on it.
>>
its ok but nothing special

several tracks are not good

probably their most inconsistent release
>>
File: folder.jpg (247 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
247 KB, 600x600
>>66306876
It's not old boots, new dirt
>>
It feels more like a collection of songs than a proper album, it's completely unfocused. It has some great songs on there, but there is a whole lot of filler in it as well
>>
>>66306876
It's not bad in any sense of the word, but compared to Radiohead's incredibly high standards it's a little unfocused. Also, some strange choices were made (removing the live bassline from The Gloaming, the laser sounds at the end of Sit Down, Stand Up, cutting Go to Sleep short right as it really starts to jam, removing the drum track from I Will, etc.).

I still come back to the album and thoroughly enjoy it, but it's second tier Radiohead.
>>
>>66307148
>removing the live bassline from The Gloaming

That wasn't removed from the album, it was added to the live version in a recent tour.
>>
>>66307380
Well fuck me, I was wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTpZywvKkmo

I really like the bassline live but I still prefer the album version. It's less groove-oriented and more about sound design and wonky polyrhythms.
>>
the fact that it has There There means that it can't be called not good
>>
>>66307477
Overrated

Best HTTT is objectively Where I End and You Begin.
>>
>>66306876
Fags don't like it because 'no feels'
It is the best Radiohead release along with TKOL.
>>
>>66307148
>cutting Go to Sleep short right as it really starts to jam

Do you really want to hear them "jam"? They sort of do this in live versions of the song, it's just longer bleep-bloops from the guitar.

>removing the drum track from I Will

I don't want to hear drums on that song.
>>
>>66306876
It has too much filler
>>
>>66306876
It's their best album
>>
>>66307505
this
>>
>>66306876
It's a Radiohead album.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.