[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What you guys think about this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: the mountain will fall.jpg (179 KB, 1035x1035) Image search: [Google]
the mountain will fall.jpg
179 KB, 1035x1035
What you guys think about this album?
>>
>>66300624
First time I haven't enjoyed a DJ Shadow album. Everything felt really uninspired and misguided.
>>
I'm a fan. After 4 listens I think it's great. One of the more underrated projects of the year.

>>66300624
OP what are your thoughts
>>
>>66300624
Good cover fo sho
>>
>>66300673
I'm only on track 3. It's very new to me what he does here. It's good so far RTJ were great.
>>
Didn't know this. Now I'm anxious to hear. Thanks
>>
First listen, digging Depth Charge
>>
more washed up than el-p
>>
>>66300909
yeah depth charge is seriously amazing. loved the rest of the album too, really cool sounddesign
>>
sounds like i made the mountain then waited at the bottom for it to fall/ DJS will never meet the elysian heights of Entro..
feels like ana-Djing dying to me.
i think there's a genre / personality for most ppl.
i know where shadow's from, and this sucks
pop on where does your soul anything.
yer sure big and awesome
but shitty rappers no soul...

son i used a break beat.
this aint shadow.
at least it aint know shadow i iknow
>>
>>66301023
alright so who let rap.genius.com in?
>>
>>66300624
awful
>>
File: THE-BIG-DREAM-COVER-2.jpg (126 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
THE-BIG-DREAM-COVER-2.jpg
126 KB, 620x620
>>66300688
referencing david lynch btw
>>
>>66301333
Noice. Although it seems to be a fairly common style of electricity hazard sign.
>>
>>66300624
disappointed desu. I mean I know the less you know the better and the outsider were very poor in comparison to endtroducing and even private press, but this is just embarrassing
>>
>>66301438
Oh ya. That makes more sense.
>>
It's cool to see Shadow trying to refresh his style, but the album isn't very good... Almost every single track feels like he thought up a cool composition and had no idea how to develop it or push it forward. Tension builds and instead of taking the track to some kind of a peak he just replaces it with something new. It's a headache.
>>
You have to feel bad for any artist who makes one of the best albums ever on their first attempt.

Private Press was fantastic, Outsider I feel was ahead of its time and sounds better now. Less You Know was a return to form.

Mountain is his best since Private Press I think. Certainly his most interesting.
>>
>>66301080
soz,
didn't think of it that way, i'll try n dumb it the fuck down next time, with no relevance. you medicated fucking autist.
>>
>>66302134
lol I meant that it sounded so dumbed down that it had come from rapgenius
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.