[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Female Solo Canon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
Help me complete the Canon of female Solo artists

>Joanna Newsom >Angel Olsen
>Joni Mitchell >Bjork
>Sharon Van Etten >St. Vincent
>Kate Bush >Courtney Barnett
>Vashti Bunyan >Feist
>Fiona Apple >Frankie Cosmos
>Grouper >Julia Holter
>Julianna Barwick >Jenny Hval
>Holly Herndon >Marissa Nadler
>PJ Harvey >Patti Smith

who else
>>
Yer led Anal
>>
>>66299336
i like her a lot i just didn't do it bc i feel like so many /mu/tants are triggered by her and they wouldnt reply to the post.

ofc you could say that about many i listed.

and i forgot grimes
>>
>>66299324

>they have a vagina thus they're comparable artists
>>
File: t.png (284 KB, 252x603) Image search: [Google]
t.png
284 KB, 252x603
>>66299364
sorry my buddy
>>
bump bump bujmp
>>
File: Dome On Cude!.png (30 KB, 736x858) Image search: [Google]
Dome On Cude!.png
30 KB, 736x858
bumpy bump bumperson
>>
bump er cars
>>
half of this thread is bumps
>>
Mitski
>>
julien baker?
oh, rose?
natalie marchant?
hope sandoval?
laurie anderson?
>>
>>66299828
was gonna put her lol
>>
>>66299985
Savior of this fucking thread
>>
Solex
>>
>>66299324
I'd personally remove Courtney Barnett and add Anna Von Hausswolff, Sibylle Baier and Dory Previn.
>>
>>66301462
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NVOawOXxSA
>>
>>66301773
I'm familiar with her music. I don't have any issues with her, I just think she's average. But that's just my opinion. It's OPs canon so they can do whatever they want.
>>
File: 070.jpg (764 KB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
070.jpg
764 KB, 1936x2592
>>66302041
>>
>>66302082
Sorry we don't equally enjoy certain artists bud, I'm sure (You)'ll be ok.
>>
laurel halo
>>
iamamiwhoami

Fever ray(Karin Dreijer Andersson)
>>
tori amos
>>
>>66299324

atleast of 21st century:

1 Norah Jones
2 Anoushka Shankar
3 Janella Monae
4 David Bowie
5 Taylor Swift
6 Alison Kraus
7 Fiona Apple
8 Kate Bush
9 Maria Bethânia
10 Bjork

http://eloquentmark.tumblr.com/post/139488683495/the-60-greatest-artists-of-21th-century
http://eloquentmark.tumblr.com/post/139488683495/the-60-greatest-artists-of-21th-century
>>
Joan Baez (the female bob dylan)

and i only call her that because she was a folk revivalist in the 60s just like him

her debut is really good
>>
Natalie Rose Lebrecht
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.