[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, /mu/, I'm pretty new here. I found a list of "essentials"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
So, /mu/, I'm pretty new here. I found a list of "essentials" because I generally just don't know much about music at all, and want to get into it a bit more, and while listening through "/mu/core" I come get to pic related.

What is this shit?
>>
>>66274341
thats fishman's long season lp
>>
that's Trout Mask Replica by Captain Beefheart & his Magic Band

can you not read?
>>
Its the equivalent of modern art in music. Its shit but it makes you looks cool if you like it.
>>
>>66274424
Thanks. This is exactly what I wanted to know.
>>
Listen to safe as milk first
>>
>>66274341
the greatest rock album ever
>>
What was this source of /mu/core? A chart? A list? if so, post or link to it.
>>
>>66274440
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>66274486
Well, this. I've only listened to TMR once or twice, but captain beefheart is what fucking got me into artsy music. Safe as Milk was the gateway, but Mirror Man is also essential.

Furthermore, Clear Spot and Spotlight Kid are solid as fuck despite not being as original as the early stuff.
>>
>>66274512
https://mega.nz/#F!3NFxDZqS!pEN-WNljOtI3NT_GSfRqXg
This MEGA link. Got it in the Share Thread.
The Pastebin there said I should just listen to stuff from the MEGA folder if I'm new.
>>
>>66274341
IGNORE IT
MOVE ON
FORGET YOU LISTENED TO THIS WASTE OF TIME
Had to get that out of the way. I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay!
>>
>>66274545
so you listened to american football, animal collective, burial, and then you got to Captain Beefheart and were like wtf is this

i get you man

listen to these guys and you should be set
>>66274542
>>66274486
>>
>>66274564
>i don't like it so it's a waste of time
>>
>>66274542
get on this level
https://youtu.be/CiWFVq_z3n0
>>
File: 1-2-3.jpg (17 KB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
1-2-3.jpg
17 KB, 200x250
>>66274725
>>
>>66274684
Gotcha. I'll do that and come back to this album later then.

For now, I'm listening to Death Grips.
>>
Just ignore it, jesus christ. Why does every newfag feel the need to make a thread about it? This doesn't happen on other boards.
>>
File: image.png (7 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
image.png
7 KB, 300x250
>>66274440
Eric XD
>>
Frank Zappa's long lost twin brother.
>>
>>66274341
Only those with advanced taste can appreciate this. Sorry newbie try again in a few years
>>
>>66274341
It's the blimp, frank, it's the blimp!

Seriously though, no other album sounds better when you're drunk as a skunk on the 4th of July. A++
>>
>>66274341
this album is music for autists who wants to be special snowflakes just move on
>>
>>66275405
You have to be autistic to think being an autist is something terrible. Were just people, man.
That being said, you belong in 4chan.
>>
>>66274440
upboated XD
>>
fast and bulbous xDDD
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.