[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /mu/ hate Zeppelin?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Led-Zeppelin1.jpg (84 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Led-Zeppelin1.jpg
84 KB, 630x420
Why does /mu/ hate Zeppelin?
>>
>>66270421
I don't hate them.
I just find their music really boring.

They're popular among the "mother music is shitt!!!!1" people, maybe that's why some folks here diss them
>>
>>66270421
I like a few of their songs, but they're overall very boring.
>>
>>66270421
Bonzo's an overrated drummer. And Plant's a talentless piece of shit that ruins many songs.
>>
daddy issues
>>
They aren't nearly as relevant as early sabbath
>>
Because it's cool to hate them, that's all. People who hate Led Zeppelin probably have shit taste.
>>
>>66271349
this
>>
While I respect the band and Jimmy Page there are bands who did this style of blues based rock 1000x better.
>>
File: 1380541260248.gif (3 MB, 800x676) Image search: [Google]
1380541260248.gif
3 MB, 800x676
test
>>
Because /mu/ is mostly populated by 16-19 year olds who think it's cool to hate on older music
>>
>>66270421
wouldve been a much greater band without plant. a lot of their albums had meh filler
>>
The anti-le wrong generation brigade working in tandem with "muh plagarism!!!" rockists.
>>
>>66273046
/thread
>>
I don't hate Led Zeppelin anon. I think they're pretty great actually.

Hell, I even return to Presence every now and then.
>>
they kick ass you guys are faggots.
>>
>>66273131
I'm not saying this band totally did right by the way they published credits on their albums, but almost everyone I've met who levels the "plagiarism" criticism at the band has no understanding of the blues from a musical perspective.

The whole damn genre is pretty much the same chord pattern. It's all about the way you interpret it, and Zep had originality in that sense in spades.

Songs are not grammar school book reports, you know?
>>
>>66270421
Some kind of contrarianism I guess. I think their music is pretty fantastic.
>>
>>66270421
They were at their best when they were at their most pastoral.

Songs like Bron-Yr-Aur, Battle of Evermore, Goin' to California and such are great, and stood the test of time far better than the hard rock and blues stuff.
>>
File: tsar.jpg (213 KB, 500x747) Image search: [Google]
tsar.jpg
213 KB, 500x747
>>66273102
That's crap and you know it is, /mu/ actively goes out of its way to hate on new music and give credit to old music just based on the premise of being old

Here's the profound reason why: old music isn't that good. Things get better as time goes on because people drop what they don't like and move onto new things. Music is remarkably better than it was 50 years ago and it'll be that way in another 50

If there's a total of 5 old rock bands that are impossible to hate Led Zep is probably in there though. I like their music but I'm not in love with it like apparently I'm supposed to, maybe I would if they actually stopped acting so grand long enough to accomplish something interesting
>>
>>66273645
>things get better
Maybe in the case of technology. You'd be stupid to deny that some of the best music around is from decades ago
>>
>>66270421
>Dads love Led Zeppelin
>/mu/ hates dads (or lack of)

Makes sense imo
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.