[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you fell for the Jazz III meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: dunlop.jpg (10 KB, 274x320) Image search: [Google]
dunlop.jpg
10 KB, 274x320
>tfw you fell for the Jazz III meme
>>
How the hell are you gonna get that 50p back anon jesus christ think before you buy no?
>>
>>66269570
I bought these and now I don't want to play with anything else.
>>
Not as bad as falling for the Bluechip meme.

http://shop.bluechippick.net/products/Jazz100-LG.html
>>
>>66270047
jesus
>>
Picked one up 4 years ago on a whim and couldn't use anything else after falling for the Jazz III meme. Only just recently I've been able to move back to regular sized picks. I love the feel of Jazz IIIs but I've always hated that they make it so difficult to get a feel for bigger picks. I've basically completely phased them out at this point. No more Jazz III meme for me
>>
>>66270047
yep. I've never been scammed harder
I just use whatever picks I can get for free now lol
>>
>>66270654
are you enjoying using bigger picks?
>>
>>66269570
does it even matter what pick you use, i normally play with my fingers anyway
>>
>>66270986

Yeah. I found I had a lot more accuracy with Jazz IIIs but I always had this issue of my fingers hitting the strings or getting the pick into awkward positions in my fingers. It feels kind of weird to do this after playing for 10 years, but I just had to sit down and do permutations over and over to train myself to use a bigger pick again.

I actually started using Dunlop Sharps. I find I still get the accuracy I liked from the Jazz IIIs but get the sound and grip of a regular sized pick. I've been using them for a few months now and love them.
>>
I mostly play punk or 90's alt stuff (inb4 can't play guitar, I only play as a hobby), so they're just too small for me, since my play style is usually pretty aggressive. My hands get raped when I use jazz picks. I don't know though, because my cousin only play metal and he almost exclusively uses these.
>>
>Falling for the pick meme
wew lads
>>
>>66271331
what picks do you use for punk?
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 302x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 302x350
best pick coming through
>>
File: Osmugma.jpg (34 KB, 399x257) Image search: [Google]
Osmugma.jpg
34 KB, 399x257
>mfw all the jazz memers were telling me that I was meming using my Dunlop tortex

if you're shit you're shit
no piece of plastic is going to save you
>>
>>66272101
is 1mm a meme?
>>
>>66271745
regular picks, 1 mm and up will do usually. I'm aggressive, but not looking to rape my strings for tonal purposes, so I don't like bigass picks (got this one in an assorted pack that's like a 2.5 or something, too thick).
>>
File: FB_IMG_1467599697671.jpg (23 KB, 720x501) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1467599697671.jpg
23 KB, 720x501
Anyone got any tips for getting a better grip on their pick? Sometimes my pick twists when I'm playing and I have to adjust it mid-song
>>
File: goat.jpg (20 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
goat.jpg
20 KB, 500x500
>>66271933
that's not an Ultex Sharp designed by the pick master himself, James Hetfield.
>>
>>66272491
are you using a Jazz III? I always had that problem with them. If it's a regular pick I'd say just keep playing and it'll work itself out.
>>
>>66272339
I actually used to use those
I liked the stiffness as a was stiff in my playing
I liked having something very solid.
as I got comfier around the strings I dropped to lighter ones
>>
>>66272491
try to make sure you're strumming mostly straight up and down, not too diagonal. I mean, your hand and wrist is inevitably not going to go perfectly up and down, but if you are going to diagonal across the strings when strumming, that'll happen. And hold a bit more firmly maybe.
>>
>>66272560
ah weird, I always heard that thinner picks were for beginners and strummers.
>>
>>66272491
>>66272538
jazz III max grip?
>>
>>66272674
well yeah I only dropped to .88
light ones are good for beginners because they cant upstroke for shit
>>
>>66272609
Sounds good, it's those small details in technique that make a difference
>>
But a pack of picks are like 3 bucks

can you not buy multiple picks and try them all out
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.