[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just heard "Put Your Number in my Phone" in Chipotle.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 2
File: pompom.jpg (74 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
pompom.jpg
74 KB, 620x620
I just heard "Put Your Number in my Phone" in Chipotle. I thought it was relatively unknown compared to most of the music there but I guess not. Anyone had similar experiences?
>>
>>66263407
I once heard some bedroom lo-fi at TGI Fridays.

I forget what the band name was.
>>
I once heard Gorillaz at HMV
Crazy right
>>
A Dunkin Donuts I went to was literally playing Dilla's Donuts.
>>
You know those "music choice" channels, that just play a certain genre or era constantly with pictures and trivia about the artist?

For the fuck of it I switched on the MC Indie channel and it was literally Car Seat Headrest.
>>
I've heard Joy Division - "Love Will Tear Us Apart" and Madvillain - "Fancy Clown" in an Indiana Kroger
>>
>>66264054
Matador's really promoting that trying to make it a thing, and it's kind of working, can't remember an indie rock record getting that much attention since probably Tame Impala
>>
Uh I heard The Get Up Kids on The Real World a few years ago?
>>
I heard a Julia Holter song at Starbucks.
>>
once heard 'turquoise hexagon sun' by BOC at starbucks once

the one i go to usually puts on whatevers popular on the radio but i guess somebody felt like putting ambient music on or something
>>
I heard Radiohea inside a Burger King. It was Creep though.
>>
>>66264078
Regardless of any feelings toward the music, that right there is solid proof. This is literally the most famous any /mu/tant has ever gotten, Music Choice channel-tier.
>>
>>66263407
Frankie Sinatra was on the radio yesterday morning
>>
>>66264014
Lmao
Based
>>
I heard Real Estate on an American Airlines flight
>>
they used a godspeed song in that show silicon valley which was cool
>>
>>66264435
The theme song is also a Tobacco song.

Shame the show is p. unwatchable.
>>
Heard SILY playing in a family-run gas station way out in the middle of nowhere back in 2007-2008. There was only an old lady running the cash register and nothing but desert and mountains for miles in every direction. Very surreal, but fitting
>>
>>66264459
hey anon i like that show

sure the plot is fucked but some of the jokes and underlying satire of the tech community is funny, and the characters are lovable enough
>>
I heard best american girl in public once
>>
>>66263407
i heard Can in chipotle once
>>
>>66264598
Might be because I understand absolutely nothing about the tech community.

It seemed like several people talking in a neutral bored tones slightly sarcastically about normal information.
>>
I heard Saint Pepsi - Fionna Coyne on my local adult contemporary station the week it came out
>>
I heard Floridada in H&M last month
>>
>>66263407
I hear ariel pink all the time at chipotle.
>>
Went to a Baroness concert before and while they set up the equipment they put on Death Grips.

Also heard a song from Fashion Week (pretty sure it was Runaway J) inside a CeX once.
>>
>>66266161
CeX?
>>
>>66266877
Place that buys and sells second-hand dvds, games, phones and consoles, their prices are ok usually.
>>
There was some gas station in the middle of nowhere playing grindcore idk the band, but the cashier said he likes melt banana when he he saw I was wearing one of their shirts
>>
Got into a mall with a friend around February and on a trendy clothes store they were playing Radiohead's "Spectre".
>>
>>66264337
LCD Soundsystem- all My friends in a united flight.
>>
I heard Human Behavior while driving in the car with my Mom and started freaking out.
>>
>>66263407
I've started hearing the Ramones in Moe's and Chipotle a lot.
They're not really obscure, but they're not really classic-rock-radio popular either.
>>
>>66266161
Purity Ring played this before their set on their last tour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZT05Md0Fxg
Also when I saw of Montreal they played "Moonshake" by Can before their set, I was on acid and I thought it was just for me and was dancing
>>
>>66270626
u wot m8
I worked at Goodwill and they played 3 Ramones songs regularly along with the top 40 pop, white boy acoustic guiar music, and proven all time hits
>>
>>66264747
That's actually pretty cool
>>
>>66264435
i got hyped when i watched that
>>
>>66270661
Eh, I never really realized how popular the ramones actually are until then
>>
>sometimes places let the employees play their own music as long as its suitable for the place and not some crazy stupid shit

wow what a crazy idea!
>>
>>66263859
teen suicide?
>>
heard early thee oh sees in an american eagle a few years ago. block of ice or something off that record?
>>
>>66264570
thats pretty cool
>>
i heard jesus and mary chain at five guys. i asked the guy behind the counter about it and they say its a corporate playlist
>>
>>66264054
I listened to Sirius in a rented car and was very surprised to hear Car Seat Headrest. I guess they're popular now.
>>
>>66271324
>they
Car Seat Headrest is one dude nigga
>>
I work at Best Buy and a guy just walked up to customer service with some CDs. Two of them were Lianne La Havas and Hiromi Uehara. Needless to say, I had a friend for about 30 seconds.
>>
>>66263859
Yeah I went into a TGI Fridays once and recognized Camera Talk by Local Natives.
>>
>>66264747
I heard ESG at chipotle.

Is chipotle the most patrician fast food place?
>>
not /mu/ but I heard anaconda at a chipotle once and thought it was odd. I'm guessing they let employees play their music or something.
>>
>>66271324
SiriusXMU pretty much plays anything that /mu/ commonly talks about. If it's not part of the main programming chances are one of the blog radio people will play it. And blog radio gets even more obscure than /mu/ more often than not.
>>
ITT

/mu/ realizes that they aren't all special snowflakes.
>>
>>66271390
you're wrong bud. he has a full band now.
>>
i heard 情報デスクVIRTUAL in sears
>>
>>66270831
I don't think this is the case in a lot of places, places like five guys have a rotation of music and a lot of it isn't super popular
>>
>>66264154
yep, heard Sea Calls Me Home there once

I've heard Dilla, Nujabes, Flylo, and a lot of other p4k indie at Chipotle before. Also, I went to an Urban Outfitters once 2 years ago and they were playing LCD Soundsystem's All My Friends.
>>
heard mac demarco in a grocery store, and at an amusement park. the stars keep on calling my name both times.
>>
File: 1460332613711.jpg (54 KB, 640x609) Image search: [Google]
1460332613711.jpg
54 KB, 640x609
>>66272479
mac is pretty big
>>
>>66272493
for you
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.