[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OMAR IS BACK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: marsvolta_0_1.jpg (31 KB, 622x439) Image search: [Google]
marsvolta_0_1.jpg
31 KB, 622x439
12 NEW ALBUMS IN SIX MONTHS

http://orlprojects.com/
>>
holy shit mane, now that atdi isn't going to reunite anymore, he has even more time to make some good shit
>>
>>66253865
almost certain there will also be at least a new atdi ep. this man does not stop making music, he probably has stuff in the vault for every project he's a part of. saw an interview at the beginning of the reunion saying he'd been sending music back and forth with atdi members since he started mars volta
>>
>>66253940
that's cool actually. I thought omar and cedric basically avoided all the other members of atdi. Does this man live in his own record studio?
>>
File: OMAR-S-The-Best.jpg (446 KB, 624x624) Image search: [Google]
OMAR-S-The-Best.jpg
446 KB, 624x624
yes omar-s 'the best' get this stinky prog shit outta here
>>
Is there a chart or something for Omar's solo work? I love TMV so have been meaning to check it out but he has a lot of stuff so I'm not sure where to start; I don't wanna randomly pick out the "bad" ones or something and get turned off
>>
>>66254049
I'm a huge tmv fan and I've only listened to a handful of omar solo albums because I've only seen a few on youtube and there's only a compilation on Spotify.
>>
>>66254049

I thought there was one floating around out there I might be wrong though. Check out Xenophanes (Was going to be lp8), Solar Gambling, Old Money, Unicorn Skeleton Mask, Se Dice, and the live albums.
>>
>>66253865
I knew that re-union wasn't going to go well. Shame people can't get over shit, but who really knows what it could be about.
>>
>>66254028
I think it was mainly jim they didn't talk to, no surprise he wasn't part of this reunion. iirc the bassist from atdi was in mars volta for a while
>>
>>66254049
There is one that missed some of the more recent albums, don't have it myself though

I know them all pretty well, I'd say start off with Old Money, Se Dice Bisonte, Cizana de los Amores, and Solar Gambling. They're all worth checking out. The ones I listed are close to 'proper' albums but a lot of them are just vague experiments
>>
>>66254135
The reunion has been mostly great, from what I understand (and having seen them). Cedric's voice went out so they cancelled a few shows at the last minute (i.e. when the venue was already full) and people were not happy, understandably.
>>
>>66254321
yeah, you're right, Jim Ward's brother was TMV's bassist on De-Loused

>>66254135
I must correct myself. They're currently touring Australia without Jim
>>
>>66254347
So that's what happened, I thought they were beefing or something,
>>
>>66254135
DIDDLER
>>
>>66254333
I remember listening to an album he made with his wife. I think it was Xenophanes, I guess?
>>
>>66254365
monties a faggot
>>
>>66254388
Yeah, he made a few (inc. Xenophanes) with his girlfriend at the time, Ximena Sarinana, who is a mexican pop star. I think the best album they did together was Cizana but it's much more toned down than his Mars Volta stuff
>>
>>66254419
thanks I'll check out
>>
>>66253846

Isn't there a new Antemasque record this year? Wasn't a fan of the first one, but it has Omar and Cedric so I'll listen anyway.
>>
I'm hoping for, latched to large lorry drug across road to a sliver o flesh. #howcomarmustdie
>>
u better split spic unless u want a brick
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.