[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thom Yorke's voice seems to be frittering away
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3fUq-1HMQA

This performance is super depressing. Seems Thom hasn't really got it in him to sing the more vocally demanding songs in his discography.

Anyone else notice this?
>>
It's not that bad. Did it ever occur to you that he might just have a cold or something.
>>
He's pulling off a Bowie
>>
>>66252582
this song live is kinda like 2+2=5...
>>
>>66252636
he'll
>>
>>66252703
Yeah, it'd fit right onto Hail to the Thief
>>
>>66252740
>hell
ftfy
>>
It's declining for sure, but btw is probably the worst example of his voice on the current tour. The few times they've performed Creep for example he's sounded about as good as ever which is pretty impressive for someone pushing 50
>>
>>66252582
>mfw Radiohead is one of my favorite bands yet released the most disappointing album this year

It's still good, but wew. It sure makes me appreciate The King of Limbs more than ever. I'd love to hear a Live From the Basement for this album though.

Anyways, this live version of "Burn the Witch" sounds better than the studio version (minus Thom's vocal performance). Also, the guitar solo during the outro. Mmmmmmm.
>>
>>66252805
Yeah, I listened to some of the other tracks this guy recorded and his voice sounds far better here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH8hG1Thac4
>>
>frittering
Who the heck has said that since the 19th century?
>>
>>66254466
Mercury Rev have a song called Frittering. There are also apple fritters. Um... I think I've said it. Btw what do you know about trends in English usage?
>>
>>66254466
whenever my nigga i go to tim hortons we always get apple fritters
now we say ay nigga lets go frittering

no not really
>>
>>66252582
it seems more like he's just trying a different take on the vocal performance, probably so he can save his voice for later in the night cause i'm assuming this is how the show opens
>>
>>66252863
Thom's vocals may not be what they used to be, but holy fuck is Ed a golden backing vocalist
>>
>>66252582
>frittering
How long have you known you were a homosexual?
>>
>>66255068
kek'd
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.