[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much has /mu/ influenced your taste in music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1433569073776.jpg (8 KB, 412x314) Image search: [Google]
1433569073776.jpg
8 KB, 412x314
How much has /mu/ influenced your taste in music?
>>
not much, i just come here to shitpost
>>
>>66245539
Not much, but without /mu/ I wouldn't have found some of the hidden gems like Comus and Exuma though.
>>
I've definitely discovered a few favourites in sharethreads but /mu/core is rarely my flavour. I like DG a lot though
>>
It rebuilt my taste from the ground up about six years ago and since then, eh

I'm mostly here to shitpost and get repeated digits
>>
/mu/ helped me discover krautrock, which also got me into electronic music and it has expanded my taste in that way
>>
>>66245600
>>66245565
Same here
>>
it showed me slint and spiritualized and for that I will always be thankful
>>
>>66245588
Same, while /mu/ hasnt changed my taste it has helped me discover new bands and genres i would've never discovered otherwise, and offered some advice on musicianship and audiophilia. That being said there are way too many faggots and shitposters on this board.
>>
Not at all, definitely helped get some new perspectives on things on listen to. Still listen to the same ish tho.
>>
Probably the biggest impact is Sweet Trip, easily one of my favorite bands ever. Slint too but I only like them a fraction as much

Sharethreads are pretty good but most of /mu/core was stuff I had already heard and varied from indifferent to really digged

I still haven't gotten into Swans, the albums I think I would enjoy I can't ever get through in one sitting because they're way too fucking long.
>>
>>66245539
It's not entirely /mu/s fault but I've come to think most music is meh bullshit and hype.
Before: indie trustfund-core, Kanye, /mu/core
Now: The Fall, Beatles, MBV, Herbie Hancock, funk modern classical, rest of the /mu/core shit seems pretty underwhelming now
>>
>>66245539
It got me listening to more music and introduced me to the idea of exploring music beyond the mainstream pop/rock sphere. Most of the stuff I've specifically gone on to prefer, I found via other sources though.
>>
>>66245539
More than I would like admit.

However, I wouldn't say my taste is /mu/core
>>
Honestly, after my first like, 3 months here, absolutely none. I take pride in listening to albums I want to and having my own opinions about them, regardless of what /mu/ thinks of it. 4 years here.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.