[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yes, another Wildflower thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2
File: wildflower.png (2 MB, 923x923) Image search: [Google]
wildflower.png
2 MB, 923x923
Where's the CD rip?

Also opinions or whatever you wanna say
>>
did they do rap features to make it seem modern?
>>
>>66244313
Insightful comment, thank you.
>>
>>66244521
take that four word shit to >>66243394
>>
File: 1466537794001.jpg (61 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1466537794001.jpg
61 KB, 960x720
Frankie wasn't as bad as the EP version

Everything after Sunshine is kind of meh (You fuckers said Saturday Night Inside Out was an "amazing conclusion")

Everything else is wonderful, especially Because I'm Me
>>
>>66244615

DOOM's verse saves Frankie IMO

I like Danny but he feels out of place. he just completely clashes with the sample and general feel of the track
>>
>having DOOM on Frankie Sinatra
>not having DOOM on Noisy Eater

how did they fuck up so bad
>>
>>66244615
Kaleidoscopic Lovers is second best track get the fuck out.
>>
>>66245096
DOOM should have just had Frankie Sinatra all to himself really.
>>
Only feature I really didn't care about was Danny Brown at the end of wozard. Other than that didn't really mind any other features. I even liked noisy eater.
>>
>>66244281
Don't know what to say really, It's a pretty great album.
>>
>>66244615
>he doesnt like Kaleidoscopic Lovers
>>
I notice there's a split between people who love the first half, and people who like the second half more.

Now I'm a reasonable man, but if you like the first half more, maybe you should consider disemboweling yourself.
>>
>>66245725
The whole album is shit tho.
>>
>>66245354
agreed
>>66244615
Everthing after Sunshine is great imo. The album ends so strongly, I would say Saturday Night Inside Out is the best song on the album. I think the ending third of the album feels mellow, contemplative, and emotional, rather than hyped and exciting like earlier in the album. I didn't really appreciate it on first listen
>>
Overall very good but not on the same level of consistent quality as SILY
The rap features aren't bad, but with the exception of Noisy Eater they don't really add anything substantial or make the song, in general I feel like they could have cut the features and just focused on developing those tracks further, as the general flow of the album from one track to the other suffers at parts and is not the cohesive whole that SILY is
>>
>>66244615
>Everything after Sunshine is kind of meh (You fuckers said Saturday Night Inside Out was an "amazing conclusion")
>Everything else is wonderful, especially Because I'm Me

these are pretty much my sentiments, only i'm growing a bit fonder of stepkids the more I listen to it, just wish there was at least one more banger near the end.

and album is only better than the video edit in that it's mercifully shorter.
>>
>>66245096

biz markie was a pretty great choice for noisy eater though, unless you're suggesting it should have had an extra verse
>>
>>66245772
I would say the rapping on Live A Lifetime Love adds a lot to the song. The rapping on Because I'm Me is also good. I think the Wozard Of Iz would sound better without Danny on it though, and Frankie Sinatra is one of the least interesting tracks. Where the rapping works though, its one of my favorite aspects of the album. Also obviously it's not as seamless as SILY, but I still find it's cohesive and has a good flow
>>
Noisy Eater is one of the best tracks and if you think otherwise you're a pleb
>>
op here

does anyone have the fucking cd rip

thanks
>>
This album is my new fucking favourite thing, and even if people don't think it meets the "hype" (all of which died through the years where we thought we weren't getting another record) I don't fucking care this LP has serious vibes and it's dense as fuck.

Just because it's dumb and fun instead of mopey and introspective doesn't mean it's not incredible
>>
>>66245962
yeah I don't really get the hate for it. Hopefully it's not just "It's about cereal so it sucks"
>>
>>66245968
Here ya go, man. I've found the FLAC rip but unfortunately, no one's posted the 320 rip yet.

https://mega.nz/#F!ClpCDabA!vKn3ksIE8HCXdtM7Nt5o7A
>>
Does anyone here just love the little acoustic outro of Folkstar? At the 4:16 - 4:28 mark? I wish that in of itself was a full-length track.
>>
I love the children's choir bit on Sunshine.
>>
>>66245968
Buy the album you cheap fuck.
>>
I'm at Harmony and I'm not getting that fluidity of SILY, but I dunno, you have to be pretty cynical not to somewhat enjoy it.

So far this is an 8-9.

t. biased fan
>>
Subways to Colours is a fucking amazing stretch of tracks, I can't stop replaying it. Someone agree with me please
>>
>>66246455
Yeah its great. If I Was A Folkstar is so good, the young girl vocal sample on Subways has so much character, and the interplay between the forwards and backwards vocals on Colours is awesome
>>
>>66246564
The fluidity and interplay between Subways and Going Home is also fucking great, I love it.
>>
>>66245962
Honestly the instrumentals alone on That track are catchy as fuck if I'm being honest.
>>
>>66246095
I think the chewing noises disgusts some people to the point of disliking it.
Shame really, it's the closest thing this album has to Frontier Psychiatrist in terms of humor and energy.
>>
Can someone direct me to a legit download for this please? I'm really skeptical about the links I've seen so far - people have mentioned missing tracks, lossy-to-lossy transcodes and shit, etc. I can see that both the CD and web rips are up on What.CD in all the important qualities - it'd be super cool if someone could snatch the web rip in V0 and upload it to mega.
>>
>>66247644
get on rutracker and soulseek and you will never have to ask for a download link again
>>
>>66247672
so much of the stuff i've grabbed off slsk has been dodgy one way or another - poorly spliced tracks, weird shit added in, transcodes, etc. also the tags are fucked up more often than they aren't. dunno about rut racker - googling
>>
>>66247794
You know you can see the tracklists and track lengths before you download shit on Soulseek, right? Anything should be fucking preferable to going into a random thread days after the release just to desperately beg for a link and hope someone posts it.
>>
>>66246095
I'm not a fan of the chewing noises. Otherwise I like it but those make it really hard to listen to personally.
>>
>>66247115
>>66247852
ah, that's too bad. The chewing doesn't bother me; I kind of like it as an homage to Vege-Tables by the beach boys
>>
>>66244281
Really fucking love it desu

Makes me want to listen to it and SILY a lot.
>>
what does this band sound like?
>>
>>66248099
summer (not as in summerfag as in they literally sound like summer)
>>
>>66248099

sheer unbridled joy
>>
>>66247644
Friend did it for me.

For the archive:

The Avalanches - Wildflower (2016). WEB MP3 (V0) + bonus track

https://mega.nz/#F!WNhGhCqQ!R0wQaoNXCDtC-jtZbRvq0Q
>>
>>66248099
childhood, summer, and love
>>
>>66248099
They primarily sample old pop songs to create hip-hop/dance music. Their sound is very warm and has a dusty nostalgia to it. They also include a lot of samples of chatter and the sounds of summer: people at a party, crickets, waves, radio tuning. Wildflower combines hip-hop/rap, 60s psych/pop, and some orchestral parts. It has a heavy beach boys and beatles influence. It's really a celebration of "The Summer of Love" with some more modern elements thrown in
>>
>>66248357
is this from itunes or cd?
>>
>>66248099
love, youth, and vitality
>>
>>66248099
young love and pool parties
>>
I posted some initial thoughts: http://thereisnothinglikecoldwater.blogspot.ca/2016/07/live-review-avalanches-wildflower.html
>>
where's the fucking p4k review
>>
>>66250733
holy shit, i spoke too soon, it dropped 8 minutes ago
>>
>>66245725
True DAT.

David Berman √
That girl from Royal Trux √
That Papoose sample in Harmony √
That chomping section in Nosy Eater ×
>>
>>66245772
>this gay nigga does not know who de la soul or prince paul are.
>>
>>66250912
JUST PUT ON MY BEST PAIR O' SHOES √
MOVING OUT WITH ME √
Jennifer Herrema's granny voice ×
>>
>>66248099
It sounds like the apex between Van Dyke Parks and Prince Paul. The question of whether it is good or bad depends on how you view the former artists in question.
>>
>>66247644
Why are you so skeptical? Proper iTunes rips have been out for over a week.
>>
>>66250984
not true. it' called a stream rip
>>
>>66244281
This album's really growing on me, when I first heard it it seemed too ridiculously giddy to me, now I'm in a really good mood and I'm really enjoying the album. It reminds me of Dusk at Cubist Castle for some reason more than Since I Left You.

Anyway Frankie doesn't even sound bad anymore. I'm really liking this. Like 8.5/10 is a pretty good score, I might even give it a 9. SILY was 10 tho.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.