[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
where were you when the best post-punk album of the last 6 y
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: omni-by-brock-scott-2.jpg (3 MB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
omni-by-brock-scott-2.jpg
3 MB, 2000x1500
where were you when the best post-punk album of the last 6 years dropped?

http://hypem.com/premiere/omni
>>
bumping for frankie
>>
christ someone listen to this please
>>
i have

this shoulda came out like two years ago w ought and protomartyr and viet cong

i'm over this shit
>>
more nu-male wanky guitar rock. the vocals are shit. the melodies are far and few between.

its only good for 20 something male guitarists to fetish over frankies "intricate" playing
>>
>>66235088
So what trend did you move onto now?
>>
>>66235113
good songs
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>>66235102
>the melodies are far and few between.
you gotta be joking my man
>>
>>66235165
vocal melodies are non existent

guitar melodies are few and far between
>>
>>66235185
now i'm convinced you're just baiting me :(
>>
>>66235300
He's right
>>
sounds like shit
>>
AHHH FRANKIE SINATRA
>>
I like it.
>>
>>66235351
me too man
>>
File: ReadySteadyWho-UK.jpg (41 KB, 300x301) Image search: [Google]
ReadySteadyWho-UK.jpg
41 KB, 300x301
>>66234666
WEW
E
W
>>
>post-punk existing past the 80s
Stop this fucking meme right now, thinking you can stereotype post-punk into a formula is proof you don't know fucking shit about it.
It was more of a movement than a genre.
>>
>>66235620
It's a genre first and foremost so get over it. And stop pretending like you were around for it
>>
>>66235620
this.

all interesting and innovative post-punk (that is still mind-blowing to this day) was released from '78 to '84.

Blows my mind that Deceit was released in 1981.
>>
>>66235620
Omni is emulating many of the consistent qualities music during the post-punk movement then, assuming you're right
>>
shitty soulless aping of the calgary sound. how about you plebs actually listen to the bands that this stupid shit is aping. it basically all comes from Women's two albums, which really just sound like This Heat.
>>
>post-punk
>after 1983

L M A O
M
A
O
>>
>>66237050
also I should add that attempting to write off the calgary sound by calling it 'post punk' or saying 'post punk is done' when these bands sound barely anything like it is fucking funny. almost funnier than the fact that most people used to call it krautrock before like a year ago.
>>
>>66234476
im enjoying it thus far OP no need to worry, thanks for putting this on my ears
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.