[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of the Monomachine ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
I wanna know what you think of this fabulous machine. I found it pretty useless at the beginning but the more i practice it, the more i can't even think one second of my time allocated to music production without it !

Some famous users are Autechre and SOPHIE among others

Exemple : https://soundcloud.com/atonvl/sets/atnl_patterns
>>
terrible repetitive composition with boring uninteresting sounds
>>
>>66230964
yeah it is just some stupid patterns after a few hours spent on the machine. It is unpretentious. The best exemples come from SOPHIE (see bipp, vyzee ...)
>>
>>66230905
good machine but i think it's becoming overused

actress owes his whole discography to it
>>
ITT:

>I can't program a synth waaaa why does it sound so boring
>>
I feel like Elektron's stuff is really capable but kind of tedious to work with
>>
You bought an elektron without even knowing if you liked it? I wish i had money to burn like that
>>
>>66231351

honestly, I know its not everyone, but I do find their workflow to be incredibly easy....once it "clicks" on you. It def doesn't click with some people though

Their manuals are terribly written too....they seem to have been written by their own engineers so they just tell you what the buttons do without telling you why you should know it. Also, they have strange ways of storing their patches/programs/sounds/kits/songs etc
>>
>>66231369
I was pretty sure that it was a good machine, i read a lot of stuff concerning the machine and it was just before they stopped the production. So it was at 900€. It was my first hardware piece. i really needed something to compose out of my bedroom studio which is pretty far from my flat lol
>>
I feel like the 6 voices limitation is a good thing. i tend to be maximalist in my writing process. So it's a good way to compose pop music !
>>
>>66230964
>>66231018
user error

I had a monomachine and machinedrumuwmkII+ and they were the two most fun synths I had (I had about 10 other hardware synths)

You can sit at them for hours and hours, incredibly easy to use and not limited at all but also doesn't present you with overwhelming options
>>
>>66232581
Totally agree.
Messing around and let the loops turn again and again ... (and sometimes, someone screaming in the next room)
>>
I feel like i should buy a tascam portastudio now

https://youtu.be/0gmSMTx27DI
>>
>>66231406
>tfw 900€ is my whole month salary
>tfw eastern Europe
>>
WHY THE FUCK DID THEY DISCONTINUE THE MACHINEDRUM
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.