[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are you going to feel when he dies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: eminem.jpg (96 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
eminem.jpg
96 KB, 1024x768
What are you going to feel when he dies?
>>
No clue. Doubt he's going to die in the coming span of 30 years.
>>
he's younger then me so I'll probably die first.
>>
>>66227485
He appropriated black music.
>>
Uncontrollable, immense, overwhelming feelings of "meh."
>>
>>66227507
Well, technically he appropriated african american music which was music created in a white language with white technology in a largely white dominated country.
>>
Who cares? Infinite was his only half-listenable album.
>>
>>66227534
Don't like any of his singles?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1tZ8YxzNCU
>>
>>66227548
Nope. In fact, I think most rap after the 80's is utter garbage. Infinite has a really late 80's sound.
>>
>>66227485
Nothing.
>>
>>66227580
What do you like then?

By 80s do you mean like... rappers delight?
>>
>>66227619
That was 1979. I mean shit like old Run DMC and Grandmaster Flash, when hip-hop was fun, before gangsta rap got popular and everybody started rapping about crime and taking themselves way too seriously.
>>
>>66227619
He only listens to the message on repeat
>>
>>66227619
>>66227642
Nevermind, that song was released in 1980. It's a cool song though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMs6eI1VRBQ

sad, his work is pretty great honestly all the way through. Recovery I think was hated because he changed his habits and vibe, just like ugly mane on persistence
>>
>>66227642
What about late 90's when it started getting more experimental like eyedea, atmosphere, deltron, kool keith (sometimes), and clouddead?
>>
>>66227643
This is pretty accurate. I love that song.
>>
Prolly be depressed for a week or two. One of my fav people in the world. Wish mu would talk about him even of kanye all the time
>>
>>66227669
Mehh, never given it a chance. I'm really into metal, post punk/new wave, and noise/experimental/lo-fi music. Maybe that's why I enjoy enjoy the 80's sound. It has a really authentic lo-fi analogue sound.
>>
>>66227485
I'll feel terrible because people will overrate him even more, other than that I'd feel pretty good
>>
>>66227669
>kool keith
SPACE DOODOO PISTOLS
>>
>gets bullied by niggers his entire childhood
>grows up and completely hijacks black music so much that now to general audiences the first face that comes to mind when they hear "rap" is a white guy

Is he the most /pol/-core musician?
>>
I hope before he dies he just makes one more album called "Bedtime Stories" where he just does all storytelling rap songs because it's what he's best at really. He and Immortal Technique I'd say are the best storytelling rappers.
>>
>>66227931
Listened to Dance with the Devil for the first time the other day and it hit me harder than i expected desu.
>>
>>66228008
That song is like 13 years old and you barely heard it thats sad I bought Revolutionary Vol. 1 when it first came out
>>
relief
>>
>>66227485
im gonna lol
>>
>>66227534
infinite is just trailer park boy doing his best AZ impression over rattling tin can beats
>>
I'm going to be annoyed by the amount of praise he'll get after. It'll be enormous enough that I'm sure all of /mu/ will hate everything he ever made after
>>
File: 1461005530850.gif (328 KB, 1000x773) Image search: [Google]
1461005530850.gif
328 KB, 1000x773
>>66229386
Jokes on you, reminded me of infinite and bouta get so good
>>
I'll most likely be pretty happy. While i find most of his material to be only mildly offensive to my superior tastes, his ability to make white people think they're cool when they 'rap' is one of the largest blights on music.
>>
Relief at first, but then I will remember how huge of a deal his millions of psycho fans will make about his death.
>>
>>66230081
Do you think people like daniel radcliff,obama,Stephen king are psychos?
>>
File: cringe biggie and pac.jpg (102 KB, 761x960) Image search: [Google]
cringe biggie and pac.jpg
102 KB, 761x960
>>66230118

I mean the post-MMLP fans. The one who think he's the greatest rapper ever even though they've hardly listened to any other rap besides the absolute most popular shit. The kind of people who post shit like pic related on Facebook every day.
>>
>>66227485
Relieved. I really liked his first two albums and he keeps fucking them up for me every time he makes a new one.
I hated MMLP2 with a passion.
>>
>>66230215
I think you never listened to a eminem album and just going by the popular opinion.
>>
>>66230244

I listened to Eminem nonstop when I was a teenager. Looking back I regret it.

SSLP is probably a top 20 all-time hip-hop album, but I wouldn't mind if I never had to hear his voice again.
>>
>>66230215
But his fans has nothing to do with his legacy or music. And about the pleb fans, every most popular person in their profession have these kind of fans. Thats what happens when someone is extremely popular. Its not the artists fault
>>
And another thing is, none of Eminem's fans even know who Eminem's biggest influences were/are.

For example, Eminem borrowed a lot from Rakim.

Eminem:

>"Because I am, whatever you say I am/If I wasn't, then why would I say I am"

Rakim:

>"I'm the R to the A to the K-I-M/If I wasn't, then why would I say I am?"

or, also, Eminem:

>"I take seven kids from Columbine, stand 'em all in line/Add an AK47 a revolver a 9/A Mac 11 and that oughtta solve the problem a mine/And that's a whole school of bullies shot up all at one time"

Rakim:

>"I take 7 emcees put 'em in a line/And add 7 more brothers who think they can rhyme/Well, it'll take 7 more before I go for mine/Now that's 21 emcees ate up at the same time"

>>66230337

It is his fault that his music since 2000 has sucked, though.
>>
>>66230259
Also i think you have gone through your eminem phase and now you regret it so much that you are now going through your white guilt phase
>>
>>66230362
Can you provide source for all those ridicilous claims
>>
>>66230369
>white guilt phase

what the fuck are you talking about

please fuck off back to /pol/

there are plenty of white rappers I like such as El-P and Aesop Rock.
>>
>>66230389
Haha as i expected. You also like mac miller right? Lmao its like im on ktt
>>
>>66230406
>Lmao its like im on ktt
how about you stay there so there is one less m&m fanboy shitting up this board
>>
>>66230406

no I'm not really a fan of Mac Miller, and what is KTT?

I don't understand what you're point is. All I'm saying is I think Eminem is overrated. he made two classic but flawed albums that borrowed a lot from older classics and that's it. he's not a god, he's not the greatest rapper ever.
>>
>>66230432
>he's not a god, he's not the greatest rapper ever.

I didnt said that

>he's not a god, he's not the greatest rapper ever.

Who is?
>>
>>66230432
Ktt is kanye fan forum which i visit frequently for my daily kek
>>
>>66230496

IMO? Either GZA, Nas or Rakim.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.