[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
5x5, guess > rec > r8
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: collage (17).jpg (539 KB, 1250x1250) Image search: [Google]
collage (17).jpg
539 KB, 1250x1250
5x5, guess > rec > r8
>>
File: collage.jpg (456 KB, 1250x1250) Image search: [Google]
collage.jpg
456 KB, 1250x1250
>>66226184
you have a beard
check out Clear Light
>>
File: collage[1].jpg (523 KB, 1250x1250) Image search: [Google]
collage[1].jpg
523 KB, 1250x1250
I feel like I'm going insane

>>66226184
Recommend me the coolest thing on your chart

>>66226309
Double goes for you. You listen to some pretty obscure music. I don't think I know a single album on your collage.
>>
File: collage (1).jpg (497 KB, 1250x1250) Image search: [Google]
collage (1).jpg
497 KB, 1250x1250
>>66226184
Difficult childhood, distant father
>>66226309
Favorite breakfast is plan toast
>>66226404
Paranoid, considering buying a gun
>>
>>66226437
>Paranoid, considering buying a gun

Yes to the latter, no to the former, at least I think. Paranoid folks don't tend to know they're paranoid. They just think they're taking the correct precautions. What would you say if I hadn't commented?
>>
>>66226404
>Double goes for you
uh
first off dr john and the meters are both great
here are some good ones to check out (doubt you'd enjoy what's on my chart at the moment):
Allen Toussaint - Southern Nights
Archie Shepp - Blase
The Terminals - Last Days of the Sun
Milt Jackson - Bags & Flutes
>>66226437
plain toast boring imo
waffles are the shit
>>
>>66226437
Also, I like your taste. Nice contrast between fun, upbeat Pop, and more esoteric tunes. Especially liking the Art Blakey and Yusef Lateef. Would appreciate some reccs.

>>66226511
Nice dubs. Thanks for the reccs.
>>
>>66226553
The 'We Three' album is fantastic
Great percussion
Same with Impressions Of The Middle East
Composed by a flutist, but it doesn't really sound like it
And Negativland is a must if you like Avalanches
Noisy Eater was heavily inspired by this track imo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW7WqZ6ad9g
>>66226499
idk I just googled some shit that probably got the CIA on my back so I'm the one feeling paranoid
>>
>>66226511
Just looked up The Terminals (seemed like the most accessible one). Pretty good stuff.
>>
Nonono I mean this track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DGbmh_1LOI
>>
>>66226649
yea they're nice, really cozy stuff
the only "challenging" one i recced is Shepp, i think
toussaint is nice laid back funk and soul and jackson is fairly playful hard bop featuring a vibraphone
>>
>>66226309
Used to, so you're kinda right.
You like cloudy days.
>>66226404
Upon This Rock is Christian Rock that's so good you don't have to say "I'm an athiest but.."
What's the best thing off of your chart?
>>66226437
Close, schizo mommy.
You take the subway a lot.
>>
>>66226626
Awesome, Thanks man. I'll check everything out. Just looked up 'We Three.' Looking good!
>>
>>66226777
>What's the best thing off of your chart?

1. Love- Forever Changes: My favorite album. It is basically the most perfect, all-encompassing album for the 60's by the 60's. Every song is good. Every person I've shown this album adores it. Much too overlooked classic.
2. Sun Ra- In the Orbit of Ra: Compilation, but it's a great introduction to the great avant-garde Jazz musician, Sun Ra. He pretty much has the coolest personality ever and revels in his oddity. Would recommend "The Lady with the Golden Stockings." Pretty accessible introduction to a very eccentric artist.
3. The The- Soul Mining: All the best sounds of early 80s British invasion with some actual artistry thrown in. Will make you reevaluate 80s music.
>>
>>66226626
Listening to We Three right now. It's fucking great, straightforward Jazz. Not enough of this.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.