[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you be in an anonymous band without being edgy or hipster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 626x626) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 626x626
How would you be in an anonymous band without being edgy or hipster about it?
>>
by not being a complete faggot about it
>>
>>66224676
But wearing a mask or something is an inherently faggotey thing to do...
>>
I was thinking, samples for sale...
>>
File: P1000007edit.jpg (120 KB, 377x502) Image search: [Google]
P1000007edit.jpg
120 KB, 377x502
There is such a thing as tone wood and I'll give you the most beautiful sounds, it's a fine instrument

p.s.

>>
>>66224639
I've always wanted to know about this. Is it possible to make music without setting a dark and mysterious/reclusive tone (The Knife) or being way too edgy (Slipknot)? Even you you make cheerful pop music, obscuring your identity makes you a bit more creepy (e.g. literally all of PC Music.)

Sia almost pulled it off, except she's shown her face on multiple occasions (she was actually just a normal pop singer before 1000 Forms of Fear), and she's not really that secretive at all.

Is there a way to completely separate music from identity without creeping people out, coming across as 2edgy, or having it become a gimmick?
>>
>>66227413
idk what you think about daft punk, but they did it best imo
>>
You just make the music anonymously and be active on social media so you don't seem like a creep that makes music in his basement.
You can't play live though
>>
>>66227413
Did you consider Captain Murphy edgy before everyone found out it was Flying Lotus?
>>
>>66227522
That's how you make a living on music nowadays though.
>>
>>66227577
That's really more of an alter-ego.
>>66227466
I don't think Daft Punk are edgy at all, but it has definitely become a gimmick. Literally anyone who mentions them refers to them as "masked musicians." It leads to this conversation that distracts away from the actual music.
>>
File: Normal_cap064mnbvcxz.jpg (34 KB, 533x400) Image search: [Google]
Normal_cap064mnbvcxz.jpg
34 KB, 533x400
>>66224639

You'd probably have to primarily focus on creating a presence online ( very little touring) And learn about how to scrub your identity offline ( like proxy's, exif data, fake email accounts etc )
>>
>>66224639
the residents are neither edgy nor hipster. even though those are almost entirely meaningless terms that basically vary by which person applies them
>>
LOL just pursue a normal music career, don't worry, you'll undoubtedly remain completely anonymous to the public, go ahead and show your face, no one will recognize you
>>
just don't go by a name, don't credit yourself, don't have a social media presence
you can still be faceless without wearing a mask
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.