[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do I go from here for hardcore hip hop. And is any other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 300x300
Where do I go from here for hardcore hip hop. And is any other album of his worth listening to?
>>
>>66224063
It Was Written is decent but nothing else he made will ever compare to that masterpiece unfortunately
>>
>>66224085
That's a shame, this was incredible
>>
>>66224158
Don't get me wrong the rest of his discography still deserves a listen because it's still Nas one of the best to ever do it in the genre, or at least Stillmatic, It Was Written and God's Son do

I just was so spoiled by Illmatic nothing else he made really stuck with me
>>
>>66224271
I mean that makes sense, how could you even compete. The consistency on this album blows my mind
>>
hardcore hip hop?
>>
>>66224085
It Was Written drags on and on. I liked Life is Good better, though like you said, neither compare to Illmatic.
>>
>>66224389
Yeah Illmatic was somewhat of a blessing and a curse for him

>>66224432
2Pac, Public Enemy, Big L, N.W.A etc.

actually I don't know if Illmatic should be considered "hardcore" hiphop now that I think about
>>
File: C.O.P.S. - On Location.jpg (36 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
C.O.P.S. - On Location.jpg
36 KB, 500x496
>>66224063
>>
>>66224063
OP, this isnt hardcore rap. Hardcore rap is like Wu-Tang, DMX, Eminem, Big L and so on.
If you want stuff like this I suggest any Tribe Called Quest album, Jay Z - Reasonable Doubt, Mos Def - Black On Both Sides, Eric B & Rakim - Paid In Full and Follow The Leader, Gangstarr stuff, Jeru The Damaja - The Sun Rises In The East
>>
>>66224771
Yeah Illmatic is conscious rap
>>
I think the new Mr. Muthafuckin Exquire ep is really good. It's called live forever. Of course it doesn't sound anything like any of the hardcore hip hop listen itt so far cause it was release like last year, but it's very good.
>>
illmatic is pretty mediocre and you should listen to UGK - Ridin Dirty
>>
>>66224158
Man for me Nas' rapping has been fairly consistent throughout. Beats, features, hooks all get worse for the most part but every Nas album has at least a couple truly great songs
>>
>>66224063
It literally doesn't get better than this, OP. This is the best hip-hop has to offer. Might as well start listening to another genre because nothing compares to Illmatic.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.