[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any good punk bands that are actually anti establishment?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: HeavenstoBetsy-Calculatedcover.jpg (35 KB, 303x300) Image search: [Google]
HeavenstoBetsy-Calculatedcover.jpg
35 KB, 303x300
Are there any good punk bands that are actually anti establishment? Not just like, nazi punks who want to go back to the 1950s. Black punk bands that hate the cops more than NWA and Ice-T. Queer punks who care about tearing down hetero normativity at all costs. Lady punks who want to castrate rapists. Is there any good hardcore, crust, whatever the fuck punk like this?
>>
Is that a no?
>>
>>66221143
yup
>>
You mean, like, Riot Grrrl?
>>
>>66221596
Yeah, riot grrrl would be a good example. I find a lot of it is kind of dated though.
>>
>>66221596
I'll check out pic related btw, thaks for the rec
>>
>>66220745
>tumblrina nonsense that's spewed from the tv and every college campus
>anti establishment
kek
Go ask tumblr, I'm sure they're experts on this subject
>>
>>66220745
sounds terrible
>>
>>66222117
You can call it tumblrina nonsense all you want, it's definitely anti establishment. Queer kids are often kicked out of their homes or badly beaten for being queer, and that's just one example. Also, you don't have to agree with the politics to enjoy the music. Minor Threat is okay, but I'm definitely not straight edge lol
>>
>>66222175
I mean, idk if it'll be good, I find punk music on the whole to be kind of... eh. I just want to listen to something that actually feels challenges/outsider.
>>
>>66222219
>Queer kids are often kicked out of their homes or badly beaten for being queer

good
>>
>>66222265
Careful with that edge. Don't you have a Swans record to listen to or something?
>>
>>66222257
if you want to listen to shitty music written by the mentally ill then you should have just asked

https://girlslivingoutsidesocietysshit.bandcamp.com/
>>
>>66220745
>Queer punks who care about tearing down hetero normativity at all costs.

G.L.O.S.S. is everything you want.
>>
>>66222282
no i don't listen to rapists
>>
>>66222316
Yeah, they inspired the thread. I didn't want to trigger mu too much though, so I put an obscure proto riot grrrl album as the pic.
>>
>>66222310
Who do you listen to?

>>66222344
Avalanches then.
>>
File: 51R8mjnFelL.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51R8mjnFelL.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
>>66221862
Oh, I originally read it as just something similar to Heavens to Betsy. Whoops.
The Ex are pretty neat. Maybe not as explicit or blunt as you are looking for, but G.W. Sok really doesn't like establishments of any sort.
>>
>>66222462
Cool, I'll check this out too. Thanks!
>>
>>66222357
>obscure.

Nah. Anybody who knows Sleater-Kinney, Portlandia, SNL or Modest Mouse (a lot of people) knows that album. Good thread though, I like the recommendations people are giving.
>>
>>66222556
I was thinking the people who would be bothered by it wouldn't know who they are. That's what I meant. I'm not aware of the Modest Mouse connection, though!
>>
>>66222715
That makes sense, my bad. Oh, Heavens to Betsy were part of the same scene, big influence on Modest Mouse along with Lync and Unwound and other locals. Anyway, it's a pretty good album. I would listen to it sooner than anything Carrie or Corin have released outside of Sleater-Kinney.

Anyway. I like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7OSSUwPVM4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfUzs4NDa64

They're punk as fuck live. Not sure it's what your looking for, but yeah.
>>
>>66222809
Any suggestions are welcome! I've always liked "Queen", I'll have to check out the other song you posted.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.