[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
holy shit this is really good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 51RhpHh0p-L.jpg (50 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51RhpHh0p-L.jpg
50 KB, 500x500
holy shit this is really good
>>
Tears for Fears has been a /mu/ classic since the board started.
>>
>>66202649
Agree %100 it's unexpectedly fantastic!
>>
>>66202649
Yes, it is.

The Working Hour is the best song.
>>
>>66202766
im still listening but i really really love Mothers Talk right now
>>
File: 1311947803699.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1311947803699.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
Probably the best show I saw last year, they seem to have a blast when they play. Can't wait to see them again in Sept.
>>
>>66202649
one of my favorites, only 80s album I like better is Remain in Light, have you listened to their cover of My Girls?

they have a new album coming out next year btw
>>
>>66202823
for real? is new TFF any good?
>>
>>66202896
i really enjoy their cover
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTvOfYJtQr4
starts off a bit weird, but it gets good

they covered a couple of other modern songs IIRC, but i've only listened to My Girls, pretty hyped for their album tbqh
>>
>>66202896
>>66202941
>they covered a couple of other modern songs IIRC, but i've only listened to My Girls

Just googled it, I was right, they released an EP with the My Girls cover, a cover of Arcade Fire's Ready to Start and of Hot Chip's Boy From School
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuguuO-87Wg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IBj0DsYwWY
>>
File: download (1).jpg (10 KB, 325x227) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
10 KB, 325x227
>>66202649
>holy shit this is really good

Indeed. Like, I expected it to be good to some extent, but I ended up loving it. Kind of caught me off guard

>9/10
>>
This is great too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEePu_E11b0

Roland is a fantastic songwriter.
>>
File: 1294681113272.jpg (2 MB, 2224x4888) Image search: [Google]
1294681113272.jpg
2 MB, 2224x4888
>>66202685
Not really. /mu/ pretended like the 80's didn't exists for years. Glad the younger crowd is warming up to the era.
>>
TFF had the best 3 album streak of any 80's band with The Hurting, SftBG, and The Seeds of Love.

Seeds of Love in particular is a super underrated album in my opinion.
>>
>>66203229
>>66202649

Thank you. SFTBC is perfect, but The Seeds of Love is magnified on all levels. Easily up there with the great collection of greatest albums of all time, and even more so if you include the 4 as-good bonus tracks. The layers build and wash-over & hypnotize you in "Woman in Chains", and then they just don't step down from that level of immersing the listener.

Breaks my heart that they reached such a peak and then split for forever immediately after :( Though Roland's solo ones were still hugely underappreciated
>>
>>66203121
/mu/ hating the 80s is so juvenile
lots of great shit they miss out on
>>
SHOUT
SHOUT
LET IT ALL OUT
>>
one of my favourite thrift store finds desu even if it is shit condition. So good
>>
>>66205499
THESE ARE THE THINGS I CAN DO WITHOUT

COME ON
>>
MY FEATURES FORM WITH A CHANGE IN THE WEATHER
>>
>>66202649
Yeah, it really is great. I went in expecting a good album and got a masterpiece instead.
>>
>>66202649
nope
>>
Their best album is Everybody Loves a Happy Ending prove me wrong
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.